Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Stick a fork in the Buckeyes
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:54 AM UTC
It's 41-14 Florida over Ohio State with 10:20 left in the 4th quarter.

Looks like Wisconsin and Penn State are the only Big 10 teams to win their bowl games.

And I think we know now that the Gators really deserved the shot at the national championship -- not the Michigan Wolverines.

The absolute best bowl game had to have been Boise State and Oklahoma.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:06 AM UTC
Looks like the Big 10 has once again showed their style of smashmouth football can't compare with the fast paced games of other conferences. While not really an excuse I would have liked to see this game played sooner rather than nearly 2 months after OSU's last game. FL had to be off about a month too.

The Boise State hook and ladder and the statue of liberty plays had to be some of the best executed gadget plays I've ever seen
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:03 PM UTC
Being from Cleveland OH, everybody around here was going nuts before the game. Now everybody is depressed. Doesn't matter to me that much. Ho Hum
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:12 PM UTC
Being a Purdue man myself I had to root for the conference. I was looking forward to a much better game.
The Buckeyes just did not show up.
Shaun
/How many dumpsters are on fire in Columbus?
//Those guys riot win or lose...
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:34 PM UTC
Well, being a UGA fan it's a somewhat bitter-sweet game. I'm glad a team from the SEC won but I wouldn't have shed any tears had the score been reversed. I think once again Florida showed the rest of the country what we down here in the Southeast already know...speed kills.

Mike
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 08:16 PM UTC
Quote-"speed kills."

That is exactly how Urban Meyer brought Utah up from the ranks of obscurity,. Great win for him. Wonder how Ohio will bounce back now.
Cheers for golf season :-)
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 08:22 PM UTC
I agree with Mike. I am a Tennessee fan and have enjoyed watching Chris Leak suffer throughout most of his tenure at Florida. I give full credit to Florida though - this whole lay-off excuse is a joke - Florida had not played since Dec. 1st & they were more than ready to go - after USC exposed Michigan it was easy to accept the score of last night's game. Ohio State got shown up as well...I just wonder what a Boise State vs. Florida game would be like.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
Being a displaced Buckeye fan I am most certainly disappointed in such an embarrassing loss! I won't excuse the painful loss to the extended time off.
It also had nothing to do with speed...prior to the game both teams matched up very well speed wise.
It's simple, here's what happened....
The OSU team and coaching staff believed the pre-game hype.
They thought they just had to show up and walk away with a win.

To their credit, Florida team wanted the win more, and thus out played, out performed, out executed and out coached the Buckeyes.

Florida couldn't do anything wrong...OSU couldn't get anything right.

A frustrating loss but one that was certainly deserved.
Boise St. should be #1
Flordia #2

Cheers,
Charles
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Boise St. should be #1
Cheers,
Charles

Charles,

I agree - why Boise State is not ranked higher if not number 1 is one of the reasons why 1-A College Football is so messed up. Who else do they have to beat?
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It also had nothing to do with speed...prior to the game both teams matched up very well speed wise.

Charles, sorry but I respectfully disagree. No you can't chalk it up all to speed but I think it had a lot to do with it. (and it didn't hurt that as you said, Florida seemingly could do no wrong) I understand Ted Ginn Jr. was out early and he certainly could match up with any of the skill players Florida had on the field, but the Florida defense looked like they were playing in another gear compared to the OSU offense. Now early on that might have been due to some adrenaline, but not for a whole game. I also would like to reiterate I'm NOT by any means a Florida fan.

It would definitely be interesting to see Florida & Boise St. play. The simple reason why Boise isn't #1 or ranked higher than #5 in the final polls is they aren't from one of the so-called "Power Conferences", and accordingly weren't ranked high enough (or at all??) at the beginning of the season. I'm one of those who has not been in favor of a playoff but over the last few years I've begun to rethink my position.

Cheers,
Mike (who will now be paying more attention to the pro playoffs, but once they are done the long draught begins )