_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Crying... nobody likes my M10
reichsfox
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
entire network: 68 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 04:43 PM UTC
The M10 is one of my best works.
You can have a look at here

The post is at here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/89042#736194

And I send it to my friend in Maine to help me selling it on ebay,just for fun and to know the value of my work.
Unfortunately nobody likes it.
You can have a look at here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nicely-Built-M-10-Wolverine-Tank-Destroyer_W0QQitemZ150073143151QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2588QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way,Merry Xmas to all the members here. It's a warmest greet from China.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 09:21 PM UTC
Reichfox,that is a splendid build of the M10.Great photos and a very good write up by your friend in Maine(he does excellent work IMHO).
Your auction got 283 views from the vast eBay crowd.This is very good.
Nothing wrong so far.
Try to remember that eBay is a lot like fishing.Fish are sometimes wary of new looking 'bait' and may pass on it for a while before they buy for a taste.
Try again in a few weeks and see what happens.No need to change anything yet.
cheers!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 10:40 PM UTC
Most bidders on ebay don't bid untill the last moment of the auction. Yours has 4 days to go. Only one bid those not mean that 'nobody likes it..', it means that potential bidders are keeping their powder dry.

Nice M10 btw.
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 10:58 PM UTC
Reichsfox,

Your M10 is really beautiful. Ebay is kinda funny when it comes to selling built models. I have seen bad models bring in over 100 bucks while beauties like yours sometimes dont even sell. Dont judge your model based on what it sells for on Ebay. Built models are like custom cars, you have to find the right buyer to get a good price. For the record, I like it, and think you did a fantastic job! Keep up the great work!
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 02:41 AM UTC
Nice build Reichsfox. And in case you haven't looked lately, you have one bid for $29.99. And as has been said prior, many won't bid until the final seconds. After being sniped several times myself, I've taken to using this tactic as well.

Good luck with your sale and a Merry Christmas to you too!
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
Looks like beautiful model to me. Nice photos. Could use some upclose ones on the auction, but I dont think you need to worry. The guys above are right..most bidders wait till the last day to bid. Especially the last 30 seconds. Happens to me all the time, and I sell every week. I watch what built models do on Ebay constantly...because thats what I sell, and you have a good seller. Be patient
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 09:01 AM UTC
Timing is everything. You are trying to sell something around the Christmas holiday. Most folks are looking for gifts to buy for other people. Your kit cannot be purchased as a gift to someone because the auction ends after the holiday. You've missed that target market.

An eBayer looking for a display kit for themselves may have their money tied up in buying presents for others. If the auction was a couple of weeks earlier or later, they may have more decretionary funds available to buy the kit for themselves. Another target market missed.

You do have a chance that someone who got money for Christmas may decide to spend it on the model. But generally speaking, the age of a person who gets money for Christmas isn't likely the age of a person who would spend $30+ on a pre-built model.
reichsfox
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
entire network: 68 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi guys,
i'm very glad to hear your words and was inpirated much.
Since I'm just sell the item for fun for the first time and not too serious about the result.
Btw, thanks to my friend f8pzkfw and everyone here.
Merry Christmas!
05Sultan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 03:25 PM UTC
Waddaya know,it sold to a good home! That's the good news. The bad news is,if you had any kind of aftermarket on /in it,you did not recover all of your material costs on the build. We won't mention time involved on the project either Sadly,this is a pretty typical scenario when it comes to converting efforts to money in the hobby.
Good job though,as at least you got something for it !
cheers for grass roots!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 10:02 AM UTC
I'll give you $5 for the dog.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll give you $5 for the dog.

:-) :-) :-) C'mon now,you know that's a one-off edition!! :-) :-) :-)
ww2-resourcesdotcom
entire network: 5 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 10:42 AM UTC
I am a firm believer in IF YOU GOT NOTHING GOOD TO SAY to someone dont waist our time posting. Just makes ya look like a north bound of a southbound JackA$$. As far as the the Built M10 Wolverine goes. Here goes my opinion which isnt worth much.

I and a Panzer Creations sell alot of probuilt models on ebay. Your M10 in my opinion is up there with ours without a dought. Like said earlier Most models dont sell till the last 30 secs of the auction. DO NOT BASE HOW GOOD YOU ARE on the bidding of that M10 just cause its on ebay and doesnt sell. Most ppl on ebay are regular dealers and customers and know each other. Panzer Creation is very well known and dealers buy his models to front the store or private indiduals buy cause they know his work and how he ships his models.. Trust and getting to know the person is the key to high bids. Trust me its not your model. The AFV Club kit has alot of corrections to be done to it so most dont trust it. But your workmanship is awsome in my book." Says TankRat!"

_GOTOTOP