_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kiwi Korner
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Wanted Brit/NZ tankers
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has the figures from any of the following tamiya kits going spare,Churchill,Universal carriers,Comet and Centaur?
Also any spare bereted, beanied or even bare heads would be appreciated.
I hope to use them to build a dio of NZ troops (tamiyas British on patrol figures)along with DML Sherman III in a dio set in Italy in late 43 or early 44.
As many NZ troops didn't particularly like wearing helmets they wore their berets or Beanies(wool hats.
I haven't actually got any of the kits in my hands right now but like to do a bit of forward planning to see how much I might have to spend.
Sorry guys but all I have to trade is 6 unbuilt figures from the Tamiya Russian army assault infantry set

Thanks for the help Andy
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hi Andy

It is great to see you back posting here.

For those who are aware Andy was the former moderator of this forum and actually got it up and running.

He is an extremely top guy, is extremely popular and active in the forums and a talented modeller to boot. I cannot personally speak highly enough about Andy.

He is a poor student at present and I believe he needs our support as a community.

He has recently returned from a "study trip" overseas.

So if you can help him out please do.

Due to my narrow interests of WW2 German Navy and Military I cannot help him this time.

Regards

Sean
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Sean,
Thanks for the welcome, I am willing to pay if the parts I need come from kiwis as it is easy enough to transfer funds within NZ.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 01:50 PM UTC
Hey Andy, nice to see you back here. Did you recently return back from your trip or just back for a holiday?

Sorry but i dont have the parts you seek. Mainly modern armour in my collection.
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
entire network: 553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 04:18 AM UTC
Gidday Andy,
From Dunedin. Im currently working on putting a crew together for my LRDG Chevy, so I could have a bare head or two to spare in a couple of weeks, once I can get some heads by Hornet.
(Who would have thought it? Trading heads over the internet :-) )
Jeff W.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:37 AM UTC
Jeremy, back for good at the moment....at least 3 years (going to uni) then might head back to europe. Good to see everyones is still around plus more!

Jeff, That would be awesome thank you for the offer, let me know when you need details. Looking forward to seeing your LRDG Chevy
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
entire network: 553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi Andy,
Been busy over the last few weeks, so I haven't had much chance to do anything with models.
I now have a Resicast British Tank man with 2 gall oil can (35.459). I intend replacing the head with a bearded one from Hornet - would you be interested in the Resicast head?

_GOTOTOP