Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
its that time of year again
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006 - 10:45 PM UTC
Well here in Pennsylvania Monday will be the start of deer season. Time to go out and shoot those deer.
Wish me luck out there. I’ll be sure to let you know how things go out there.

Probably won’t be at the site for awhile so if any of you need to get a hold of me for anything send a PM and I’ll get back to you when I can. (Unless of course those guys from Pittsburgh shoot me. )
And for anyone else who may be going out good luck.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 06:00 AM UTC
Gun season opens here in Kansas Wednesday. It's supposed to be raining with temps in the 30s, so the deer will be hunkered in the brush. I hate taking my scoped rifle out in the rain, so I'll probably use my 870 slug gun -- those copper sabots ought to do the trick if I kick something up.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 06:18 PM UTC
That should do the trick.
I still don’t have the scoop sighted in on my 30-06 but have a new Russian 91/30 with open sights I plan on taking down near the deer paths the first few days.

Luckily doesn’t look like it will be raining here but I wouldn’t mind a bit of snow on the ground.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 09:49 AM UTC
Yesterday we got 1/2 inch of ice, so I didn't hunt at all.

Today, snow was forecast, but it hit south of us, so I got out in the woods and fields. Tromped around for awhile, sat for awhile (damn, that wind is cold), and didn't see anything except a couple squirrrels. Then on the way back to the truck, I decided to cut across the cornfield. There are a couple of short fence-edge woodlines along the way and guess where the buck was hiding? I got him in the scope, but with him at a full run away from me, I didn't take the shot. I tried to cut him off, but he must have turned. Maybe he'll be back tomorrow. .