Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Week 11 NFL Smack Thread
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
Alright, I was busy last weekend and missed the opener so here it is.
Colts by 13 over the Cowboys.
Upset pick of the week is the J E T S Jets Jets Jets over the Bears. I just have a feeling.

Pile on, the Raider's defense does...

Shaun
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 04:55 AM UTC
The Patriots take on The Green Bay packers,I predict 24-17 Pats.
They are in a hurry to get home to their new turf....
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 05:43 AM UTC
Seems to me you've got the score right, one team 13 points over the other, but you've got it switched around, Cowboys 13 points over the Colts. This is one game that really pains to me to have to root for the Boys. My typical football strategy is to root for the home team, Broncos, and whoever plays the Cowboys. When they play the Colts though I've got to root for the Boys. I am getting so totally sick of hearing about Peyton Manning and the Colts that I actively hope ANYBODY will beat them. Yes, they're a good, maybe even great team, I just don't want to hear about them anymore.

I'm really afraid of the Chargers tomorrow night. I'd have to say that the Chargers have the edge on the field, but the Broncos have all the intangibles. Marty does lousy in Denver, the Broncos normally contain Tomlinson at home, they've got the great Mile High home advantage, and typically whenever everybody says the Broncos will lose they pull it out an win. I just wish Plummer was more reliable. If I had to give a score I'd say Denver 33 San Diego 30.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 06:16 AM UTC
Ah, cmon, your just sore because Indy has used the Broncos like a cheap roll of TP the last few years But, I seriously fear meeting the Broncos in the playoffs. They are good, and I have seen too many times where a team gets beat in the regular season then get revenge in the playoffs. The Colts will get beat, but I dont think the Cowboys wil do it.
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright, I was busy last weekend and missed the opener so here it is.
Colts by 13 over the Cowboys.
Upset pick of the week is the J E T S Jets Jets Jets over the Bears. I just have a feeling.

Pile on, the Raider's defense does...

Shaun

Ha...the Meadowlands is like the Bears home away from home now after the drubbing they gave the Giants last week. I don't smell an upset there this week. The Bears will not overlook the Jets after they beat the Pats last Sunday.

I really don't see any big upsets this week. If I see anything I think the Bengals will surprise the Saints at home. I still feel like the Saints are playing better then they really are...but I've felt that way for a bit about them and they keep proving me wrong.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:04 AM UTC
I was happy that the Pats were able to travel to Green Bay and put on a passing clinic. There have been some good games today, some just too close. I won last week's football pool with 9 picks, this week I already have 8 picks with 5 games left.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 05:07 AM UTC
The guarantee loser lock of the week Lions lost to the pathetic AZ Cardinals. I think all the local sportswriters have used up all possible adjectives for loser when it pertains to the Lions.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 05:18 AM UTC
The Colts are going down
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 06:48 AM UTC
My Chiefs managed to come back and beat the dreaded Raiders today. It was the return to the field of Trent Green and Aaron Brooks. Brooks was looking pretty good until he threw an interception in the endzone.

Bad news for two of my favorite quarterbacks. Brett Farve got taken out of the game with an elbow injury before the half. Time will tell if his record 251 consecutive starts ends this week. It also looks like Donovan McNabb is out for the season with a torn ACL.

On the bright side, it looks like I'm going to take the top of the Armorama fantasy league (unless there are unfavorable adjustments to scores). I know Ed is now wishing he had started Jake Delhomme over Marc Bulger. And unless Malcolm Flyoyd has a HUGE night against the Broncos, it looks very likely that Andy's five-win streak is coming to a crashing end.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 09:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My Chiefs managed to come back and beat the dreaded Raiders today. It was the return to the field of Trent Green and Aaron Brooks. Brooks was looking pretty good until he threw an interception in the endzone.

So Bob How do you think Our Chiefs are gonna do from here on out
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 10:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So Bob How do you think Our Chiefs are gonna do from here on out

Considering they play Denver on Thursday ... let's hope Larry Johnson can gouge the vaunted Bronco defense like LaDainian Tomlinson did tonight.

The Chiefs have a tough finish to the season -- Denver, @Cleveland, Baltimore, @San Diego, @ Oakland and finish up at home with the Jacksonville Jags. If L.J. stays healthy and Tony Gonzales comes back, I think they can do it with Green or Huard at QB. The defense has certainly improved. And they only have one division loss -- to the Broncos.
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:35 PM UTC
Bob

Crashing end it is, but as i'm not as close to the action, nor able to get all the reports you guys do i'm quite pleased that i got to the top!

Andy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:44 PM UTC
So much for my picks. Colts deserved to lose. They can put the "perfect" season crap behind them and just try for a decent game...

Shaun

/Now they are just 9-1...
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 07:02 PM UTC
Yeah, I'm pissed the Colts shot themselves in the foot. But as long as they do well in the playoffs, I'll be happy and not hold it against them.

Jeff
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 07:13 PM UTC
9-1 is not to be sneezed at - hope it was just a blip and not the state of things to come.

Andy
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 11:06 PM UTC
Manning is going to end up like Marino
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
Very interesting Sunday (we have a few of those this year haven't we?). It seems like the NFC really is pretty mediocre this year (with the exception of the Bears). I mean Seahawks lose, Philly loses...and loses McNabb, NO loses. We'll see what happens to the Giants tonight but I think it's safe to say the road to the Super Bowl in the NFC is going through Chicago (and I like that).

The AFC really is more enjoyable to watch right now. But I gotta say, right behind the Colts seem to be the Chargers. They get down, but they hang in there and come back. A big win for them last night.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 04:48 PM UTC
I live an hour north on Indy and think the Chargers are the best team in the AFC right now. There is a long way to go before the playoffs and a lot can happen but the Bolts look really good.

Shaun

Wow,

The beat up Jags beat the Giants. Did not see that coming.