_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
PS3
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
Wonder how long it's going to be before we see postings here for someone wanting to trade their brand new PS3 for a hobby shop.....

:-) :-) :-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 08:38 PM UTC
Did you see the ebay auction that jumped over 10,000.00. I think the most recent bid over that went to something like $9,999,999. I think that was just a P.O.ed bidder.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Just had a peek...they're running over $5K right now. For a $300 item. That's just plain STOO-pid.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 09:39 PM UTC
That's alright. They just announced on the news here that a bench of idiots were arrested trying to rush a police line outside of a store to get in :-) :-) :-)
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 01:29 AM UTC
Have you heard about the people who robbed a line of folks wating for the PS3? Also, there has been a number of violent happenings! Although, I'm happy! Because as soon as these are spread out, the prices on PS2 and Gamecube will go down...into my price range! Thanks for your time.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 01:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Because as soon as these are spread out, the prices on PS2 and Gamecube will go down...into my price range!

Hey I’m not the only one that thinks that way. (Just bought a PS1 with games afew months back for $50) :-)

I’ll never understand why some people pay so much for some of this stuff. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I’ll never understand why some people pay so much for some of this stuff. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Cuz they gotta be the first on the block to have one or sell one for crazy money...

Dave
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cuz they gotta be the first on the block to have one or sell one for crazy money...

Dave

Precisely. Some people to pride themselves in being the first and in some ways it provides them with some level of satisfaction. I think for most of us here, satisfaction comes when we can buy the same item but at a fraction of the price they paid it for and not give a rusty hoot if we aren't the first to play it.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 03:17 AM UTC
It's a new investment scheme. Stand in line and be the first for a high demand low supply product and auction it off for waaaaay to much.

I just watched another ebay auction end at 10,100.00!!! That's not a game console - that's a CAR.
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:30 AM UTC
I used to be a PS@ addict. I loved SOCOM and the Medal Of Honor series. But this latest one is insane. I cant see spending 600 bucks on this thing. The graphics are great, but my PC is just as good. And as far as the insane Ebayers spending 5K plus on one, well, all I can say to them is................

Repeat after me.........

I am
We Todd
Ed

Say that fast three times before you buy your PS3 LOL I hope you guys spent your valuable time modelling instead of sleeping outside all night for one of these. Besides, in a year or less, you know they'll be half price just like what happened with PS2
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:35 AM UTC
Ok, here is an update. I just checked Ebay and now I can say Ive seen it all!!!!!! Someone has an auction for a PS3 "Email" address. This is the worst part.. The guy has a picture of a PS3 in his auction, and 56 people are SOOOOOOO stupid, they have actually bid on it. As of a minute ago, the bid is up to 202.50. I cant believe it.
FichtenFoo
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 329 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:40 AM UTC
Some of those bids may just be backlash at the scalpers. There are groups of people attacking PS3 auctions on Yahoo Japan by making outrageous bids. When the seller deletes that bid, the one who placed the bid can give them negative feedback for deleting their bid. Some of these bids are over 10mil. It's their little way of attacking the scalpers who make it harder for regular folks to get one. As bad as it is for the attackers to be doing this, I can't say I'm too against it.

More on that here: http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/670/PS3+Bugs/

At anyrate, the new consols always have some bugs and the PS3 is no exception. I'll wait 6 months to a year for them to be fixed then think about getting one.
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 259 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
I'm glad to see that the current slew of ebay prices have dropped significantly. Still ludicrous, but not as insane as before.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:36 PM UTC
Some of those earthlings are rather strange!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 01:26 AM UTC
Someone actually got shot ---TWICE !!! up in Connecticutt. I think I have an old Sega Genesis I got for 50 bucks wih three games about 15 years ago laying around someplace, that is about as far as I got into this gaming thing. I'm still happy with Solitaire and some pinball game for my computer..oh yea ad I play DOOM and Empires once in a while. Even at 600 bucks that is insane all it is is a consle, you still need a monitor and it can't print anything...you can get one of those new computers with that super-chip and 50 gig memory for that kind of moneyThen buy the monitor that you would also have to buy for the game and a chaep printer/scanner/fax
 _GOTOTOP