TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Kampgruppe - Steel Panthers
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 942 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 03:24 AM UTC
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a computer game with a similar style to the old Kampfgruppe game (for those of us who remember it!) that I used to play years ago on an 'Atari' computer or the 'Steel Panthers' game that I've played on PC?
They were great games in their time and I'd be interested in playing a modern, up to date version of either of them.
Tom
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 03:51 AM UTC
Try Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank, sounds like what you're after!
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 942 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC
Thanks Maurice,
I'll certainly keep an eye out for that game.
Reading my original post I got the impression that I was talking about modern combat. Where I mention 'modern' in the original post I was talking about the actual computer not the time era.
I am interested in a W W II simulation like Kampfgruppe or Steel Tigers that can be played on a modern PC.
Tom
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 11:44 PM UTC
There are two versions of Steel Panthers, one set in WWII and one post WWII. Both are free downloads!
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 370 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 08:29 PM UTC
[quote]I am interested in a W W II simulation like Kampfgruppe or Steel Tigers that can be played on a modern PC.[quote]

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but have you tried some of the multiplayer boards on Call of Duty United Offensive? There are some that are very "armor friendly", and give you a chance to operate more vehicles than the games standard T-34 and PkIV. The Kursk boards and Kharkov boards are a blast, and there are even better boards if you look for them.

I know it's not exactly what you were looking for, but if you havent checked them out, you might want to.