Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Helmet Question
Boiler
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 09:24 PM UTC
I bought this helmet a couple of weeks ago at a flea market. It appears to be either WWI or early WWII. I was wondering if anybody out there could identify it. The flash on the side is black, yellow and red. Thanks. I am going to try and attach (?) the photos but this is the first time I have done this. They are under my gallery under Boiler.. [http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2874
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 09:38 PM UTC
Looks like it could be French, but not sure

Removed by original poster on 10/09/06 - 05:10:06 (GMT).
acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Best guess is it's a WW2-style British helmet, used post-WW2 by the Belgian Army - that is, if the flash is black/yellow/red

Seen quite a few of them around over the years...

acav out
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 02:54 PM UTC
hey,
it's WWII,it's a British helmet,issued to Belgian soldiers that feld to England,with the occuption of German forces,they ,along with other countries,where issued British uniforms,and where adorned with thier countries flags and insigna's. I picked one up around 12+ years ago ,from a company ,named U.S.Calvary,at that time they where going into europe a picking up large stores of WWII items,found in old warehouses and bring them back here ,and added in thier catalog.little by little less items where offered and now i dont believe they offer these any WWII items anymore.they sold alot of british equipment at one time,webbed belts,straps,assorted backpacks,canteens,messkits,helmets!
Joe
Boiler
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 08:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the help, guys. Maybe I will post pictures of some of my other stuff when I get a chance. I have got a pretty interesting set of goggles that I got from a neighbor a long time ago that are supposed to be WWI aviator type. They look like it to me but we'll see.

George