Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Projects around the house
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 09:48 AM UTC
I was just wondering what type of projects around the house you are currently invoved in or what are your favorite types of projects?

I'm doing some new storage space in the attic and my favorite is tending to my garden that I'm currently getting ready for next year.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:21 PM UTC
Several on the go or being planned (obvoiusly by SWMBO ) as the finances become available... Included are: ripping up and redoing the courtyard/patio paving; building a water feature in the courtyard; installing trellises at the courtyard/garden entrence and at aesthetic points in the courtyard; designing/redoing the garden; installing downlighters in the kitchen and lounge; redoing the ensuite bathroom; painting the main bathroom; replace the showerdoor of the main bathroom; paint the main bedroom and spare bedroom; and the list goes on and on and on and on and..... you get the idea

My favourite kind of project round the house? None of the above :-) :-)

Actually I don't mind carpentry... just don't tell SWMBO :-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 03:28 PM UTC
I have a pretty good list in the works too.... New floor in the kitchen & Dining rooms, new celing in the dining room. paintin the kitchen & redo the trim. a new Patio outside... (just ned to do some digging & get the base mat'l) LOL man there's alot...............
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 04:56 PM UTC
I live in an apartment, and maintenance is not my job. :-) :-)
Most exciting project for me is maintaining my hardwood floors in a highly polished, spit shine condition, after the cats deposit hairballs on them. :-) :-)
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 06:55 PM UTC
Block retaining walls and stairs up to the front deck is keeping me busy (and away from the model room) on the weekends.
Last summer it was siding and a new roof.

Cheers,
Charles
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 09:48 AM UTC
I cut the stupid grass and if I feel froggy I edge and trim some bushes or rake. I used to have a vegetable garden, but our new place doesn't have a good sunny place to make it worthwhile (though maybe next spring ... ). I have an on-going battle with a patch of Japanese honeysuckle on one corner of my lot and a hate-hate relationship with two weeping willows on the other side (praying for a storm that will knock them down without hitting the house or deck).

I fix stuff inside the house as it gets broken or wears out. Most jobs are under 5 minutes, so no big deal. The only room that needs "improvement" is my modeling room, so I do that as my heart and wallet dictate.
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 05:05 PM UTC
You guys have lots to do, all i have to do is get my tractor ready for winter, cut the grass until the snow flies and continue working on my B24 Liberator.
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 12:34 AM UTC
Just painting the whole place!
The PREVIOUS occupants liked their living room PINK, kitchen MAUVE, and bedrooms CRINSOM RED!!!! :-) At least the bathroom is not so bad with a light BLUE.....................
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 11:43 AM UTC
That's what's great about a house, there is always sonthing to do!