Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Shooting at Dawson college
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 03:29 AM UTC
Well this is shocking news to many quebecers.

Today, a man dressed in black with a mowhawk style haircut opened fire at approximetly 12:40 on students wounding approximatly 20 and killing one victim before commiting suicide.

Its the third shooting in a montreal school since 1989 when a man killed (14 i believe) women and the shooting at concordia university( 5 minute walk from dawson college) which killed 4 people.

i was reading a book at my locker waiting for my girlfriend to come back from lunch with her mom when i heard a pow. Figuring it was probably a fire cracker since i never realized such a thing could happen, i waited until hearing a series of 5 or 6 shots from a semi0 automatic weapon before getting up to lock my locker and hide before realizing id better get out. As i realized this, the mass of people were leaving the locker isles from everywere and heading to the atrium were from there i saw a police man aiming his weapon at a corner of hte building ( i couldnt see anything more) so i guessed thats were the suspect was so i ran away to the subway area keeping myself away from view of the suspect. As i got out i eventualy found my girlfriend and we decided it was best to head outside. At first glance, the whole block was baricated by policemen so we went around to notice everyone from nearby buildings were evacuated. We walked along sherbrook street were the babysitting building and saw a mass of people gathered together. After walking 50 meters past them as sudden cry of panic errupted and everyone ran for their lives so we ran until the next corner were we turned. Apperantly the suspect shot out hte window or something.

As all can understand, this is a terrible tradgedy and reminds us of many others.

Id hope to get your prayers for the family of those dead and wounded.

Sincerly,
Francois

heres the article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14818183/
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 03:45 AM UTC
Frank, sorry to hear the news,
I'm happy to hear you and your girl friend are OK.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:23 AM UTC
well having lived in a town were a jackass was gonna bomb the high school I say I'm glad you and your girlfriend got out OK
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 07:15 AM UTC
paryers, done....having family ties that go back to the 1700's of that city, my heart goes out to you and all the fine citizens of that wonderful city.

kevin glackmeyer
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 06:38 PM UTC
Thank goodness you and your girlfriend weren't in the line of fire.
My sympathies to the families of the young people who weren't as fortunate.

Charles
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 07:50 PM UTC
Francois,

Thanks for posting and I'm glad to hear that you and your girlfriend are safe. It truly is tragic and my prayers are with everyone involved.

Your post helps add the additional human factor that is often missing from the media reports and helps each of us understand what those caught up in this situation face.

- Frank
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 08:03 PM UTC
Glad to here you and your girlfriend are alright.
The victims and there families are in my prayers.

Still don’t understand why these idiots do such things.

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 08:08 PM UTC

this is what the Ba*tard looked like. According to radio canada, the guy had a blong on the internet saying how much he hated society etc. He lived with his mother and i guessed she never was allarmed to see her son take pics of himself with a knife and automatic rifle.... lovely how some raise their children!

Frank
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:32 PM UTC
Gday Francois
So glad to hear that you and the missus are ok... Had much coverage of this here yesterday... Tragic news, which I'm sure we have all experienced in some form in our respective countries, regardless of gun laws...
All the best where needed
Cheers
Brad
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 04:43 PM UTC
Unfortunately Frank the signs of this antisocial behaviour are often overlooked and discounted, by a vast section of society today, as watching out for the "individual rights".

I don't believe the answer is more laws, but simply enforcing the ones already on the books with stiffer penalties. Kicking a few bleeding hearts out of office just might help also. (we have a judge down this way know as "turn 'em lose - Bruce", as he always sets those convicted of violent crimes free with little or no jail time.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 05:05 PM UTC

The death of personnel responsibility....
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 07:26 PM UTC
Well iam sure this is new to many of you... The authorities are keeping it low but the assailant was an old hight school student from rosemere high school that graduated in 98... and thats the exact highschool i went to.

Also, about the victims, 3 are maintained alive artificialy to what i've heard... perhaps two, i couldnt be sure. One of them was shot in the neck and an other in the brain.

I went for lunch with my counceller from last year who works at my old high school and talked alot and then went back to school were he was on supervision. i talked a lot to teachers and a friend who was outside smoking when she heard the firecrackers go off and a guy collapse to the floor. fortunatly she's okay but obiously lost all her personal belonging.

Frank
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 07:58 PM UTC
Glad to hear that you're ok Frank.

Terrible times we seem to live in. That's why I come here, to forget about the rest.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2006 - 05:23 AM UTC
Wow that's crazy! Glad you're OK.
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 09:33 AM UTC
That is sure unfortunate. I'm glad that you are safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who aren't as lucky. This is certainly becoming too frequent and I hope that we can figure out a way to get these guys before they manage to harm others.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 07:01 AM UTC
my sympathies to the tragic incident that happened in colorado recently. I can only feel their pain.

on our side of the border, many kids are being arrested for having threatened to kill people at their schools. about time the authorities get movin, but i fear its just a fad to make everyone feel safe.

As for the victims, two are still in crtical condition. one recieved two projectiles in the head and hte doctors won;t take them out.

Frank