_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Southern Va. and Northern N. Carolina, Help!
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 11:04 PM UTC
One of our fellow Modellers and site members from Holland...Martinnnn is asking for help in the Armor/AFV forum.
Seems he is looking for some pictures of one of the only known existing
M4A3E8 Shermans with an M2 Dozer blade...this vehicle is located at the AAF Tank Museum in Danville, Va. (Southern Virgina). Maybe some of you are familiar with this museum and live close enough to help Martinnnn out. I live in Western ,Pa. by Pittsburgh, and it's at least a 7 1/2 hour drive for me...I will get there someday...just not soon.
Please help if you can.

Jeff
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 370 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 08:16 PM UTC
Jeff,
Funny you should mention that place! A friend (The S.O.B. who got me hooked on modeling again) and I are actually talking about going there this fall, but we have not set up the date yet. You can bet that I will be taking my camera with me and as soon as we get back, I can e-mail photos to you or your friend.

It all depends on his work schedule, and me getting someone to watch my kids for the day for me. I'd take my boys, but my two year old busted his knee wide open on a Bradley yesterday at theAuto fair at Lowes Motor speedway, and the wife said that does it, no more tanks for the little guy for a while.

I can take the pics, but it will be a few weeks.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hi Steve!
Thanks much! I'm sure Martinnn will appreciate it. He wants pictures of the Dozer Sherman. Take care and I hope your little boy is feeling better.

Jeff
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 12:36 AM UTC
Hey Jeff.
Been, there, done that, Got the Membership. I love that place. Pretty sure I've got the Dozer blade in quite a few shots, from 2 yrs back when they were restoring it (Off the Tank), and a few more recent w/it reinstalled. tell Martinnnnn to give me a day or 2 to poke about on my Hard drive & post 'em to the site.

MMM...while he's waitting, there just may be one or two in my Photos, under AAFTank.

Will write back when I find 'em,
LD
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
These pictures are not close enough for details but here is the history on that particular tank.

HARV

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Tank_Ordnance.htm
 _GOTOTOP