Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
ESPN FFL Draft
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 05:56 PM UTC
So,
How did you do? I am way RB heavy. Of course I got Portis and his shoulder is screwed up. Have WRs I have never heard of. Should be interesting.

Shaun
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 10:48 AM UTC
I got my secret weapon from last year -- Larry Johnson -- as my 1st draft pick, so I'm not complaining. The autppick made things kind of weird ... I had Pick 1, then picks 20 and 21, then picks 30 and 31 ... etc.

I think I have a good team, but I don't know how I picked Julius Jones over many other RBs.

Plus, I have Matt Hasselbeck, Willis McGahee, Joey Galloway, Donald Driver, Todd Heap, OLINO MAAAAAAARRR-AAAAAA., so I'm happy. There will be a few adjustments on the bench, but I think I have a start for a decent runner.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 09:29 PM UTC
Speaking of draft flukes, all three QBs I am keeping, Bledsoe, Brooks and Green, you guessed it, have the SAME BYE WEEK. What are the odds?

Shaun
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 08:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Speaking of draft flukes, all three QBs I am keeping, Bledsoe, Brooks and Green, you guessed it, have the SAME BYE WEEK. What are the odds?

Shaun

Uh ... Well, two of them are in the same division, so that improved the odds of "Bye trouble." And you already traded away Michael Vick. Steve McNair and David Carr are still out there.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 05:25 PM UTC
I won't have a team by the time the regular season starts. Stevens, my TE went down with a knee, out 6-8 weeks. Hitting the waiver wire, again. Portis may be more wounded than they thought. Addia collapsed in practice Wednesday morning. Good times I tell ya, good times....

Shaun
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 05:52 PM UTC
Shaun

Just modified my team again as two more players injured pre season. Dont get as much news about it over here in the old country - but i hope i'll put up a good fight.

Regards

Andy
Removed by original poster on 08/19/06 - 09:14:09 (GMT).
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 07:13 AM UTC
Andy:

First off, I'm glad you decided to play. It's nice to have new folks join the fray.

A bit of advice, which you can decide to take or leave:

Fill all your slots, even with lesser grade players. I notice you have an open slot on your bench. You might want to pick up an addtional defense/special teams (D/ST).

Look at who you have listed at starters. Right now you have Shawn Alexander on your bench. You might want to swap him out with Corey or Cadillac before the 1st game.

Also look at your wide receivers. Nate Burleson jumps out at me when you have better players on the bench.

If you need NFL info, two good places to start at ESPN's NFL page and NFL.com. From NFL.com you can go to team pages, which give day-to-day info on player status, etc.

Good luck!

P.S. If you don't want to play Alexander, I'd be happy to trade and add him to my roster.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 05:45 PM UTC

Andy,

Another thing you need to do is check your active roster weekly. After week two teams will start having a "bye" week, meaning some teams won't play. You need to watch and make sure none of the guys in your active roster are on the bye week.
They won't be playing and you won't get any points. If you go to your teams page at the ESPN site you can click on the "Week 1," "Week 2," etc to see who on your team has a bye.

Oh, and I take Shaun A, too.
After all, he was named after me. I wonder why he doesn't return my calls?

Shaun (K)

:-) :-)