Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
All Blacks vs Springboks
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 03:57 PM UTC
Even though the All Blacks won, i think they did poorly on their line outs and didnt really dominate the game. It would have been quite an exciting game had the boks not given away so many penalties. Dan Carter's boot was quite a beauty and that side step of his is darn lethal.

The game would have also been alot closer had Percy Montgomery been a little more on target.

Looking forward to next weeks match against the Wallabies. Going to be one heck of a game on foreign turf!

What are your thoughts?
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 05:50 PM UTC
Unfortunately i only managed to hear the game via a live stream,and it kept on cutting out every few minutes so i eventually packed it in .
It sounded like the Boks gave the AB's a good run for their money.Maybe we had the advantage of having played on our home turf?Agreed,the Boks gave too many penalties away,but it was a different side to that of last weeks.
As for next weeks game it will be an absolute cracker!With a record crowd predicted the atmosphere will be heated.It's amazing the turn around of the Australian side in the last year,they will def. be going for an all out defeat of the AB's next week.But who can stop someone like Dan Carter when he's right on the money?
Here is a great site totally dedicated to rugby,no frills but full of stats and info over almost every international rugby game ever played since the beginning of the sport.Worth having a look at.
Cheers,Shay
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 07:10 AM UTC
Morning Guys,..
watched it on Foxtel,A tipical All Black, Spring Bok test of old..no prisoners taken from either side... the Australia test was as if it had never been played. Sadly I feel Anton Olivers use by light is flashing come line out time.....It will be interesting to see who Henry rotates for the test here in Brisbane ??...our scrum work well along with the loose forwards although I feel Collins dose add that extra edge...

GO THE HAKA,...Kia Kaha..Phil..
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 02:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sadly I feel Anton Olivers use by light is flashing come line out time...

I couldnt agree more. Much as he is probably the most experience hooker in the line up......he does put our line outs in trouble and potentially cost us the game.

On a positive note....im so glad to see Reuben Thorne back. Call it sympathy but to go from skipper to missing out on the team altogether just didnt seem fair so im always supporting him. Between him and Jerry Collins though, Jerry certainly cause alot more carnage in the rucks and mauls.