Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Congratulations Italy!
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC
Well done.

C.
SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
I am curious what Materazzi told Zidane that made him mad.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've watched ZZ play for years and years, and never have I seen that sort of reaction from him....... whatever was said must have been pretty offensive!..... For the good of the sport, lets hope it wasn't racially motivated.....
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 03:52 AM UTC
I'm not entirely surprised by ZZ blowing his top like that. Remember back in WC '98 he was suspended for two matches for stomping on a Saudi player well after the other man had gone to ground and the ball had moved on. Also, I remember him head-butting an offical in a Champions' League match back when he played for Juventus. It's been a while since he's lost his cool, but unfortuately ZZ chose to do so again on the biggest stage in the world during his final appearance.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 04:40 AM UTC
Apart from Zidane's unfortunate 'blow-up' the game itself was a superb summary of what this edition of the World Cup symbolized - mediocre games punctuated by fifth-rate acting.

I was delighted by France getting to the final (in contrary to the predictions of the pundits) and the tragedy was that the cup was lifted by a side who can best be described as the antithesesis of the game I love.

Just why does Italy despise modern football so much that they do everything in their power to destroy it at both National and International level?

Just remember (George Orwell was presumably the copywriter on this one):

Quoted Text

FIFA LOVES Football.

A thought to consider in the next four years....
Removed by original poster on 07/10/06 - 06:49:23 (GMT).
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 173 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 05:30 AM UTC
Too bad the game was decided by penalty kicks . FIFA should institute sudden death overtime instead. Play until someone scores, that's what I say.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC
round of applause for italy
But iam quite decieved france missed that shot in the penalty kicks. the italian goaler kept going left if hte ball was going right...

ohh well, zidan's headbut wasn't something i expected, but applaud for after seeing how del piero tried faking injury to his crotch after falling.

Seems like another simple reason why iam no "football" fan. Personally, i find watching a man making millions of bucks fall to the floor, kick, moan, and cry like a little girl who had her hair pulled out obsered, especialy when the reaction was triggered by a wondering elbow. I don't see that too often in the cfl...

Frank
grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 06:33 AM UTC
Seems like another simple reason why iam no "football" fan. Personally, i find watching a man making millions of bucks fall to the floor, kick, moan, and cry like a little girl who had her hair pulled out obsered, especialy when the reaction was triggered by a wondering elbow. I don't see that too often in the cfl...

This could be a reason why most US citizens don't get excited over the type of football the rest of the world plays. Compared to American NFL football, watching the World Cup football game is like watching a scripted game of acting. I personally like soccer and have enjoyed playing in my younger days, however the dives and the faking falls and the rolling on the ground in shear agony for 30 seconds and then jumping right up and trotting off when no call is given makes me want to puke.

ZZ's headbutt on the other hand was real...not smart, but real none the less...I'll give him credit for that.
That's my rant. Congratulations to Italy anyway.
Best regards,
Gary
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I've watched ZZ play for years and years, and never have I seen that sort of reaction from him....... whatever was said must have been pretty offensive!..... For the good of the sport, lets hope it wasn't racially motivated.....

It was, I feel a situation that was allowed to grow due to the other 'incident' diverting the referee's attention (was that the Del Pierro 'ball-bag' fiasco?). Despite his otherwise (generally) decent reffing (although he failed to give France their second penalty), I feel he shouldhave been aware of the development of the Zidane-Materazzi fracas before it reached flashpoint.
Materazzi obviously severely wound Zidane past breaking point, and whatever his past history, Zizou has managed on the whole, to laugh-off fouls and incidents during this competition (such as the shoulder injury earlier in the game). I hope that IF Materazzi's comments were beyond the pale, there will be some kind of FIFA action.
My tuppence worth.
The irony is of course that our house is Anglo-French, and both national teams suffered the same fate.
Eh bien.
MC
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 03:34 PM UTC
Luis Figo headbutt, head to head contact =yellow card
I know the reaction is clearly overdramatised, but the ref's action is for the INTENT...
I smacked a bloke harder than both on Saturday with a trailing arm as I breezed past him (ok, the ball managed to stick to my feet; )) Gave him a bloody gum and lip, and to his credit he reacted by getting in my ear about how 'deliberate' it was... Neither of us went to ground... He was a tosser though, and managed to receive 2 yellows and stay on field... Simunic maybe?
But hey congrats Italy. At least there has been some good fortune on an international level for them...
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 05:37 PM UTC
Can't understand Bradley Saying Congrats after the cynical way Italians fell to the ground for a last minute penalty that put the Socceroo's out - the team that deserved to win that game.

I'm still bitter about it and i'm a POM

Andy
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 06:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't understand Bradley Saying Congrats after the cynical way Italians fell to the ground for a last minute penalty that put the Socceroo's out - the team that deserved to win that game.

I'm still bitter about it and i'm a POM

Andy

hehe sorry mate, but that is thinly veiled sarcasm... That incident is the 'good fortune' I refer to...
Honeycut = #:-)
SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I Listened the Greek news saying that Materazzi told some offensive words about Zidane's mother and also told him "terrorist". I am not sure how true is this.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 08:30 PM UTC
It seems that ZZ will hold a news conference soon to tell his side of the incident..... should be interesting. What troubles me in these parts (listening to the radio programs this morning) is the onesided commentary being dished out stating that Zidane is a impulsive idiot... and he should of had some restraint....... Funny enough most of these comments where coming out of (I'm assuming) white folk..... I myself (being white) have no idea what it must be like to be taunted day in day out with racial slurs, we white folk cannot put ourselves into Zidanes' shoes (or any other african player). If these allegations are true that Zidane was baited by the Italians, then the whole of FIFA has the obligation to kick out and ban the Italian player. Kudos to Zidane, he seems to be the only one taking the FIFA stand of "Stamp out Racism" to heart (except his version read 'headbut out Racism')

FIFA = Hypocrisy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 10:53 PM UTC
Saw the head butt on You Tube. It reminded me of a good Pacers Pistons game...

Shaun
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:29 AM UTC
Bradley

Never did get sarcasm !!!

Andy
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,380 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:42 AM UTC
Hello guys,

OUch.......after I have shouted everywhere we would crush Italian, I feel like a fool.
Nice match, we had the ball possesion and zidane missed a really good head (on the cage, not the one on Materazzi..). The Italians were really tired at the end...but we loose. That's fate, it was written, etc..I must say Italians fake and simulate less than ordinary.

Concerning Zizou : DO you think a man like him, one of the best player in the world, ordinary calm (except some wrongfull actions), give a headbut just for the pleasure, during the last international match of his life ?
I read in the guardian the explanation. Self explanatory :
Zidane first told Materazzi to stop pulling his shirt as the action was over. This ass hole of Materazzi told him, after nearly breaking his shirt by pulling on it, " you deserve it [auto-censored]er" Zidane passed his way and answered him "ok, ok, keep talking I doon't hear you" and Materazzi run after him and told him "you deserve it [auto-censored]er, you deserve it [auto-censored]ing porc of terrorist muslim, like the others muslim".................................................................................................................................ok I think this man is a real crap, a nazi, a bastard etc... I don't know FIFA rules but this man deserves a suspension, a blame, and...a headbut. When I first saw the action, I though Zizou was Dumbo..his last match..What the hell he's doing etc..But when I knew what the Spagetthi told him, I regret Zidane didn't gave him a buthead a little more higher, in the nose for example, breaking it with a little chance, or in the jaw with a KO. The last joke in France is Zidane missed two headbuts..........

I don't remember who previously wrote in the tread he cannot imagine what north african and Black players could feel face to racism. I 'm white and I'm not particularly pro Muslim or Black or strangers (I'm not cons anyway), but hey when those Bastard holligans treat them of Monkey and reproduce the monkey shouts when they enter the game, when during this worldcup Some Spanish players and the coatch make racist jokes on French black people (really funny because Turrham replied in the press in the headline "Hey, I'm not black !), and when during the final you hear during an hour and half you are a [auto-censored]ing muslim terrorist...must be hard.. This same hass holes are delighted when "Monkeys" score !!!

Lastly a kind comment for referee and the FIFA : you forbid the video for refering in the football match. That's why we had a goal refused against south Corea, and why we didn't have the second penalty against Italy (althought the first one wasn't justified). Ok that's your business, your choice and I don't discuss. But How do you know for Zidane Buthead ???. Why did you take so much time to give the red card. The other referees didn't see nothing...strange. I guess you should have ask for the video...FIFA (as it was earlier said) = Hypocrisis.

Jim : I agree with you, this world cup was nice, but not really an offensive one...
Chris : I agree too, penalty kick is too much hasard..let's play football until death..

A fed up French man.

Julien

Ps : I'm delighted some Italian players of this final will go in National 1 next season..they deserve it !
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:48 AM UTC
LOooooooooll
"auto-censored", that's why Materazzi should have done !
I give you a clue : it starts with an F and end with a C....

Julien
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:48 AM UTC
Sorry a K.
Ok, I stop..
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 03:57 AM UTC
I don't pretend to understand anything about the popularity Euro-football but it looks as if Italy is having a great time celebrating victory
Removed by original poster on 07/11/06 - 06:25:40 (GMT).
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC

Moderator test.

Shaun
Zacman
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello guys,

OUch.......after I have shouted everywhere we would crush Italian, I feel like a fool.
Nice match, we had the ball possesion and zidane missed a really good head (on the cage, not the one on Materazzi..). The Italians were really tired at the end...but we loose. That's fate, it was written, etc..I must say Italians fake and simulate less than ordinary.

Concerning Zizou : DO you think a man like him, one of the best player in the world, ordinary calm (except some wrongfull actions), give a headbut just for the pleasure, during the last international match of his life ?
I read in the guardian the explanation. Self explanatory :
Zidane first told Materazzi to stop pulling his shirt as the action was over. This ass hole of Materazzi told him, after nearly breaking his shirt by pulling on it, " you deserve it [auto-censored]er" Zidane passed his way and answered him "ok, ok, keep talking I doon't hear you" and Materazzi run after him and told him "you deserve it [auto-censored]er, you deserve it [auto-censored]ing porc of terrorist muslim, like the others muslim".................................................................................................................................ok I think this man is a real crap, a nazi, a bastard etc... I don't know FIFA rules but this man deserves a suspension, a blame, and...a headbut. When I first saw the action, I though Zizou was Dumbo..his last match..What the hell he's doing etc..But when I knew what the Spagetthi told him, I regret Zidane didn't gave him a buthead a little more higher, in the nose for example, breaking it with a little chance, or in the jaw with a KO. The last joke in France is Zidane missed two headbuts..........

I don't remember who previously wrote in the tread he cannot imagine what north african and Black players could feel face to racism. I 'm white and I'm not particularly pro Muslim or Black or strangers (I'm not cons anyway), but hey when those Bastard holligans treat them of Monkey and reproduce the monkey shouts when they enter the game, when during this worldcup Some Spanish players and the coatch make racist jokes on French black people (really funny because Turrham replied in the press in the headline "Hey, I'm not black !), and when during the final you hear during an hour and half you are a [auto-censored]ing muslim terrorist...must be hard.. This same hass holes are delighted when "Monkeys" score !!!

Lastly a kind comment for referee and the FIFA : you forbid the video for refering in the football match. That's why we had a goal refused against south Corea, and why we didn't have the second penalty against Italy (althought the first one wasn't justified). Ok that's your business, your choice and I don't discuss. But How do you know for Zidane Buthead ???. Why did you take so much time to give the red card. The other referees didn't see nothing...strange. I guess you should have ask for the video...FIFA (as it was earlier said) = Hypocrisis.

Jim : I agree with you, this world cup was nice, but not really an offensive one...
Chris : I agree too, penalty kick is too much hasard..let's play football until death..

A fed up French man.

Julien

Ps : I'm delighted some Italian players of this final will go in National 1 next season..they deserve it !

There is no excuse for what he did thats, Zidickhead, if at that level you lent some one get to your game by just say a few words about his mother, take a tissue or dummy with you , he's is meant to be a pro!
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:48 PM UTC
First, you don't call him Zidickhead, Ok ?
Second, for your instruction, just watch this video on Materrazi. Do you think he is professional ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKGcUr0S-FU

J