Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
The Mighty All Blacks
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 07:58 PM UTC
Gidday everyone

Being a big rugby fan I just have to say go the All Black's over the Wallabies this weekend.

To all those Kiwis that visit this site from all around the world don't forgot to cheer on the boys in black this weekend as they face the arch rivals Australia.

Regards

Sean
Removed by original poster on 07/06/06 - 03:23:01 (GMT).
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 12:23 AM UTC
Kia Ora Sean,
Don't get me wrong mate but i think the fairies(sorry diggers!) from the land of Oz will give our boys a good go,looking at our recent form.I'm predicting that it will come right down to the wire.Scraping through the last matches played is not good enough!Our centre pos. is still a real weakness .
Saturday is my first day of a 3 week vacation,and that will (hopefully) be spent at the local,drinking some nice belgian beer (i miss my Steinies and Black Macs ) and watching footy on the big box.
Go the mighty ALL BLACKS!!
Kia Kaha,Shay

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 09:54 AM UTC
Its certainly shaping up to be one heck of a match. I reckon Mils will do well at center as he does have a good side step but certainly lack the grunt and power of Nonu.

I too believe its going to come down to the wire.
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:27 AM UTC
Sean as a True Gold coloured supportor all the best I here old Ben Tune from my part the world has been picked to play from the bench-will always be a great match - nothing like an Aussie versus Kiwi match to get the dander up
Ian
PS shay I wish I was in your part of the world right now as The Tour D France is just riding thru Belguim . oh well will just have to have 3 more weeks of 1am nights
Ian
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 04:42 AM UTC
Kia Ora, folks..
It will be an interesting test, the game up front will show just where the Aust. front row are at.. Mills M. at centre Im still not convinced, yes he can break aline and defend well, but I have a problem with his passing skills especialy his long passing game, its a bit like Loti T. at centre for Aust. passing??? A centre's job is to set his wing away first.....but time will tell, it will be a great battle all round, like to see the All Blacks have a good win.....

Kia Kaha..Phil.. ..
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 04:31 AM UTC
Hi all,
As an American, I love Rugby better than our native football, grid-iron for all you Kiwis and Aussies. I will route for the All-Blacks in their match against the Wallabies. Sorry mates, I love footy too, but gotta go for the All-Blacks.

Years ago I gave up on American sports, too long and too boring.

Go France, beat Italy!

Chris- Hello!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:26 PM UTC
Dunno about your guys but after watching todays game, the ABs are going to be hard team to beat if they play like they did today. I thought Mils did a pretty good job at center although im still hoping Dan Carter gets his kicking form back real soon. He is missing kicks that he used to make with one eye closed.

Oh and the new Haka (Kapa O Pango) is absolutely stunning! The crowd at Jade stadium just went balistic after the haka was performed. I loved it so much i encoded just the haka and shared it out on my homepage. I thought they wouldnt perform it again after the outcry that the English gave in last years Grand Slam.
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC

From an aussie point of view - not a good game, but congrats to the All Blacks they were the better team on the night.

I think Rocky suffered severe brain fade to give himself 10 minutes in the bin and thus let the kiwis in. Still this year there are 2 games to go to decide the Bledisloe Cup. If we can get our front row working then the All blacks and Springboks will be in trouble for the rest of the Tri Nations.

Certainly next Saturday night will be interesting in Brisbane with the Boks.

Brian
USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 05:09 AM UTC
i have to agree with BILKO.the all blacks didnt play up to there best but we stil kicked aussies a .

matt
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 09:44 AM UTC
Good day all,.....Kia Kora...
lay around the ball on the wrong side you get rucked, Rocky is lucky it was not Colin Meads or Richard Lowe doing a tap dance.... man good rugby!!!....
Still not sure on Mills in the centres,like to see Conrad Smith given a go again when he is right, hes a first class ball distributor and defender though not as fast as Mills M.......
Yes there is room for improvement, allways is, but to win like that as you say," not play well " thats the mark of a top team....
The Aussie boys up front they will come out the better for it,... takes more than a couple of test and S/ 14 games to learn the art of the engine room be it only my opion, but I feel that both coaching staff and selectors have not looked at players hard enough hard enough who's in , who's gone??......who leads into the world cup, myself i reckon Phil Waugh is a leader and dose not get flasted under pressure....but who am I.....

PHIL...