Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
First DSB Contest - Pig's Finest Hours
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 06:47 AM UTC
Good points Jan, the Ministry of Internal Security will look into the leaderships potentially fatal neglect of these "rules"
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sure thing, SteveStugPig... It's a good idea. Let's make it End of Feb or early March....

Steve,
Apart from my Wolf status, I'd like to comment here.

1) we have tried not to let several contests run at the same time and decided to discuss such matters first. Now I discover this DSB contest is running together with the new diorama contest . But since so many signed up already, I don't think there's a way to change that...
I'll start a note on the diorama forum to try to solve this puzzle...
2) about contest dates. The other campaigns only have an official CLOSING date, whereas the STARTING date is only filled in with pencil. This allows latecomers to join in even after the starting date. All can join as long as they get it finished on time.
3) is there a ribbon for those who participated ? Shall I propose one ? (I think it should be a pink one !!!)

All duly noted, these will be looked into.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 06:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sure thing, SteveStugPig... It's a good idea. Let's make it End of Feb or early March....

Steve,
Apart from my Wolf status, I'd like to comment here.

1) we have tried not to let several contests run at the same time and decided to discuss such matters first. Now I discover this DSB contest is running together with the new diorama contest . But since so many signed up already, I don't think there's a way to change that...
I'll start a note on the diorama forum to try to solve this puzzle...
2) about contest dates. The other campaigns only have an official CLOSING date, whereas the STARTING date is only filled in with pencil. This allows latecomers to join in even after the starting date. All can join as long as they get it finished on time.
3) is there a ribbon for those who participated ? Shall I propose one ? (I think it should be a pink one !!!)

General,

This contest is a little side show fun for the pigs, that's why there is no posting for it in the open forum, and to be in the contest, people need first enroll as a pig (i.e. display pig number in the signature line, so we can recognize), then sign up here, knowing full well that the contest is for fun and laugh. I believe it's a very small group of people whom are joining the contest in compare to the total number of the actual Site. Oink FLuvian Oink!

Number 2 suggestion, good suggestion. Stug, what you think, should we just set an end date?

Number 3 suggestion, yes a ribbon will be nice, we will think about it, but since this is really limited to just DSB members, so I think the recongniction among the pigs are fun enough, and got a nice prize for kick. Besides I think Jim is really very busy. But we will also look into it.

Hope this answers your question. Oink Fluvian Oink!

stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 06:01 PM UTC
Well dave i think open registration is a good idea!!! but it will eventualy get hard to keep track of the entries!!!! but as far any of this concerned I must stres that contest is based on creativity, not skill, so the tank or any other vehicle can be any way you want it to the best of your ability!!!! And sorry GF i'm not scrapping my idea of a "pig in wolves clothing" so I apoligize in advance!!!

for clarification basic detail is an erstaz panther firing on a sherman at close range, oops found out to late i guess hehehehe stug
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC
I'm in (depending on the end date........if it's sometime in April........Danm cast)
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:17 AM UTC
Well piggies, Jack must bow out. As you've noticed lately or not, I've been lacking in my swinely duties. Mrs. Pig has thrown good Ol Jack out of the sty, and taken away his wagon. Jack must now find a new sty in which to stew (preferably a brick one!!) and a new means of locomotion. I haven't given up the battle, just been side tracked temporarily. Pig divorces can be dirty. Jack'll be in and out, and hopefully soon be able to roll in the muck with the best of them.

Your Jacko
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:49 AM UTC
Sorry to hear that, Jack. Having gone through that myself last year I can tell you, Piggies always survive.

Oink! Oink!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 08:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well piggies, Jack must bow out. As you've noticed lately or not, I've been lacking in my swinely duties. Mrs. Pig has thrown good Ol Jack out of the sty, and taken away his wagon. Jack must now find a new sty in which to stew (preferably a brick one!!) and a new means of locomotion. I haven't given up the battle, just been side tracked temporarily. Pig divorces can be dirty. Jack'll be in and out, and hopefully soon be able to roll in the muck with the best of them.

Your Jacko

Cheer up, Jacko. I noticed you have a rough time with the lady of the house. Things like that happen. So don't let your ears hang low. Try to get/keep a grab on things. It can take some time before you're full on top of things again, but you'll get there. I imagine there's little we can do to help you, but we're with you. I don't worry too much : I'm sure you'll get through.
If you need us... we're not going anywhere. You'll find us !

ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:04 AM UTC
Hi Jack,
Sorry to hear that your having home trouble, but remember one thing !!!! This WILL always be home for you and we all LOVE having you here.....
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 10:41 AM UTC
Thanks everyone, a kind word is always a welcome blessing. You are a fine bunch, and I hope to be back in the midst of things again soon. Jack
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2003 - 04:04 PM UTC

A stupid question from a stupid person

When is the due date again for submission of our completed work?
Is having an afv in the dio nessicary?

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2003 - 04:21 PM UTC
Herr von Selrach aka El Diablo something something,

I think the end day is May 31. and no need has an AFV, just pig related and funny.

Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 06:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Herr von Selrach aka El Diablo something something,

I think the end day is May 31. and no need has an AFV, just pig related and funny.

Still going on about that spurious wrestling connection are you? Ha! and double Ha! I'm just an everyday porker like my other brother sty mates.

Silly and piggish.... Sounds like me

Not El Diablo Porcine
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 07:01 PM UTC
Humor can be part of it!!!! But not necessary!!! I am trying some effects most find daunting in modeling and is probably against my goal of building rest and maintainence!!! but hey I'm having fun so there and as i'm finished i'll post my thanks to all who helped!!! stug
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 117 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 12:55 PM UTC
May 31st, I sure am glad!

I got too much time on my hands and too many new models to play with. Now where's that 251 again?
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 01:59 PM UTC
i'm in can! I have a pig in a helmet with an m-1 garand with a dead wolf in the distance?
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i'm in can! I have a pig in a helmet with an m-1 garand with a dead wolf in the distance?

sounds like a good idea to me....Oink!