Events & Shows: North America
Shows and events in North America.
Noreastcon
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 09:37 PM UTC
Got back yesterday from the show - hats off to the organizers and our very own Al LaFleche aka cheif judge. Jeff and I had a great time, and Jeff sends his thanks for all the kewl diecast corvettes! :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 10:23 PM UTC
Thanks, John, it was a lot of work and I'm glad you and Jeff enjoyed yourselves.
For many attendees, it will be recalled as the Traffic Jam Noreastcon, as a methane filled tanker crashed at the intersection of I-495 and I-90, 9 miles south of and one the main intersections to get to the event, and closed I-90 for most of Friday.
I'll post a few show pics tonight and one of the other organizers is planning a full photo report on the show.
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 10:49 PM UTC
A big thank you to you, Al, and the others as well, I had a great time, the wallet came home lighter as well.

It was also great to meet several more of the Big A members too.

Dave S.
Marty
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:30 AM UTC
Indeed the show was great. The turnout for both the models entered and vendors was really, good. The location was also perfect. I only wish that the display room was a bit bigger. At times I found it difficult navigating my way around without bumping into other spectators and/or display tables.

I have posted a few photos from the show on my website. If you'd like to see them, go to www.modelhut.com and click on Gallery -> Model Constests -> Noreastcon 2006.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I only wish that the display room was a bit bigger. At times I found it difficult navigating my way around without bumping into other spectators and/or display tables.

Very true, Marty, the room was too small. I kept having to shrink small; catergiories and move others to other tables.
If we do bring it back to Massachussetts, we'll be able to get back into Sturbridge at the Host Hotel since the town repealed its transient vendor license rule ($10 to the town, but first $100 to the state with a $500 bond.)
Marty
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If we do bring it back to Massachussetts, we'll be able to get back into Sturbridge

That would be awesome!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 04:35 AM UTC
Here are some images,first,Wolfleader's (Jody Klem's) scratchbuilt Panzer 4 with interior..
In 1/72nd!!!

It was crowded.
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,120 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 - 06:07 AM UTC
Noreastcon was a great show. I had a great time. Sold lots of stuff, saw lots of nice looking armor models, and even had a few tall cool ones

John, seeing your work in person was a real treat .Your Pz Kpfw IV Ausf E was simply amazing ! The VK 36.01 was really nice as well

Thanks for posting some pics guys, I didnt have a camera with me

Cheers !!

Alpen
 _GOTOTOP