_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
PE Bending Tools from Ausfwerks
uproar
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 99 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 03:46 PM UTC
Greetings,
I have an Etchmate and a Fenderbender, and I have to say that the Fenderbender is an excellent tool, considerably easier to use than the Etchmate, and it gives much more consistent bends. You don't have to play with razor blades, and, with a little care and a good pair of tweezers, you CAN precisely fold very, very tiny parts with it--even 1/35 stowage racks and itsy bitsy little Aber tool clamps. I also have a Small Shop "Bug", which I use primarily for bending tool clamps, but I've also used the Fenderbender....a truly marvelous tool I wouldn't want to be without--my Etchmate has collected a lot of dust since I got one.

I also have both a Bendicator and a Grabhandler, and I must say that the Bendicator is so much simpler in design and concept, and so much easier to use to get the same reproducible precise results in forming handles, that I'm considering selling the Grabhandler on eBay.

I think these Ausfwerks guys really have great ideas and innovations....I just hope they don't stop coming up with new designs.

_GOTOTOP