Local, Regional, or International.
IMPS Nationals-K.C. Aug. 2-5, 2006
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 06:48 PM UTC
I got into KC about 15 minutes before the vendor tables closed on Thursday and made a mad dash thru the room ID'ing where I wanted to go on Friday. Although I am a little bummed about not meeting any of the fine folks on here, I still had a great time. IF any of you remember seeing the Aerospace Modeler Magazine display, I was helping man it off and on over the course of the show. Jack Stacks was excellent BBQ. Not sure if any of you ventured downtown by Jack Stacks on Friday evening, but it was very cool. Tons of people milling about, and socializing. Some folks had their guitars out and were playing. Sidewalk vendors selling some paintings, of couches no less. All and all it was what I called beatnick city. I can't handle crowds anymore so I had to move thru it as fast as I could, but I did notice everything going on.
The vendor room at the show was great. I surprized myself this year. I have been a military modeler for over 30 years, yet at this years show, I bought a whole three things that were military related. A BDD conversion for a T-62, and three planes. The remainder of my $$ went to cars/bikes and related detail goodies. I just did not see anything that "Tripped my trigger" so to speak, and there was more than enough stuff there as GIBabycakes and others have testified. I'm already looking forward to next years convention in Anaheim CA. There is a group of us who are going to take the train out. What a fun time that should be. Anyway, sorry I missed out on seeing/meeting everybody. I guess I'll have to wait until next year, "Q"
 _GOTOTOP