TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Deal of no deal.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 07:03 AM UTC
My wife has been talking about this show for a while now and I finally got a chance to see it. I don't know if this is another retread from British TV or not. Basically it's a game show where the contestant decides on which cases to open with various dollar amounts. I'm not entirely sure on how it's supposed to work, and it's not the type of show I normally like, but this one has piqued my interest. The 25 or so cases are being held and opened by the most gorgeous female models you've ever seen. I can ogle them to my hearts content while my wife watches the show. If they ever switch to male models the ratings will probably tank. Until then I'll be watching.

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 07:06 AM UTC
The models :-)8 would be about the only reason to watch this, but then I couldn't take more than a couple minutes of Babe... I mean Baywatch, either. Heck, Let's Make a Deal was more fun than this.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 07:48 AM UTC
I've seen it a few times. Love it when they wipe out the right side of the board and don't win enough money for cab fare.
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 746 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 01:44 AM UTC
We have the show here it's called deal or no deal. oh and there is defiantly no models just boring Noel Edmond's, but the show is so painful yet strangely addictive :-)

redleg
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
I with Alan on this, I also love to see when they lose. It's the only thing that is interesting about the game. A few shows back, one woman won only $5 bucks...$5 bucks, (greed) to funny. I do want to say that I hate the show due to the fact that it is dragged on for sooo looong, but at the same time I can't stop watching it
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 02:07 AM UTC
I'm sorry; to each his own and I'm happy for the joy those of you who like the show get from it. Please don't take offense when I leave the room when it's on, nothing against the company in the room.

I Hate it with a passion. [getting on my soap box] I don't like the host with no hair, I understand that he's a germphobe - but knuckle bumping is for athletes on the field/court NOT on a game show. I think the banker is cornier than a Kansas field in July. I don't like the way the host points with both hands like a flight attendant. I feel like a cat being bet backward when they ask the families what they think the contestant should do. ok ok I get it [off my soap box] I'm done. Said in my best southernese Ya'll enjoy now.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 03:20 AM UTC
Since I'm an engineer and my wife is a math teacher, our house is "the math house" and we always have a laugh when something demonstrates "math in everyday life".

We are absolutely not regular watchers but have seen it 3-4 times. Naturally we are always analyzing the probabilities of winning as each case is opened and OUR game is trying to guess what the banker's offer is going to be.

The funniest thing about the show is that since the amounts are randomly distributed among the cases, is watching how people will use birthdays, ages, (possibly IQs :-) ) as their "strategy" to pick out the winning case.

We were laughing the other day about how if we were ever on the show, we'd pick case #1 as "our" case, and then from that point on, simply select the cases in absolute numerical order, because it absolutely makes NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OUTCOME!!!!!

As my statistics professor used to say when talking about how many times you needed to shuffle a deck of cards, "how random do you want them?" :-) :-) :-)

Tom
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 04:29 AM UTC
I've never seen it.... somehow, I feel lucky ....... :-)
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 05:57 AM UTC
My old man is totally hooked onto this show. I sense a recurring addiction to game shows where they get excited over money that they cant win for themselves.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:53 AM UTC
I wish to god this "reality TV" generation woukld grow up. Soon all we will see is Donald Trump, sing a song, win a million bucks, celebrity doing mundane tasks (swing your partner, fall down on ice, and now burn water) type shows. I also hope they start deleting CSI. What's next CSI: Mayberry, CSI: Arkansas. The occassional good shows that show up get pitted against each other, so all we are left with is crap. Well, off to blockbuster to rent something worth seeing.