Place your announcements here please.
Gotta Love Track-Link
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 06:52 AM UTC
The bottom line is that this thread should never have been started, it serves no purpose in continuing, and would be kinda nice if it would just die off ... I think we're better than this ...

IMHO,
John
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ya know, I get the sense that everyone thinks I'm the bad guy here, and maybe rightly so .... But I was not the one who started with the insults. If you go back an re-read the entire issue, I asked the same questions a couple of times and apparently they struck a nerve with whoever, and this person responded with "Drumhumper, gee ... " Where I come from that comment would be considered uncalled for and entirely juvenile. Now I did not insult his work (until provoked, and even then I just stated what I thought of it), nor did I insult him. That comment simply justified his maturity level, IMHO.

Mike

Drumthumper. I don't think that it was the question you asked that was the issue. I too wondered about the window. I just think that it was the way you posted it. You harped on the windows at least twice that I can remember, maybe more. Besides, the builder is an expert house builder who has had constructed entire cities down to the Nth degree and featured often. If you had seen his other buildings you would have had no doubt it would turn out fantastic regardless of what technique he used. I tried to calm down the thread by asking the same thing you tried to ask but in a totally different way. I think I got the reply you wanted about why no windows.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 09:41 AM UTC
I don't post at TL too much but I do make extensive use of the galleries. There are a ton of photos of other people's works that really gives me a lot of ideas.

If you do not wish to participate in the forums I suggest not abandoning the gallery
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC
Part of the expectation of placing pictures of your latest model on a site is a bit of constructive feedback. I have yet to see anyone on this site say - "that sucks". The feedback is always helpful.

I have been building for over 20 years and still do not know it all - unlike some others (who shalll remain nameless). If I post a model on this site it is with the understanding that someone who is more knowledgable than I or who is a better modeler than I will chip in his or her 2 cents worth.

The Abrams in question was not complete. It was missing the turret basket and other errors spoiled an otherwise nice paint job.

Gino pointed out the errors in a constructive way and if the guys at TL don't like it then all I have to say is that Armorama is the one and only, the best modeling site on the net
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 727 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:50 AM UTC
I was one of the people that pointed out he shouldn't have been hacking with peoples accounts on his site and trying their passwords elsewhere. I said it in a non attacking manner as well. Well my posts were deleted and I got a nasty email from Mr. Owen telling me to stop making him look like an [auto-censored].

Sorry if you want to run a web site there are certain rules you follow. One of them is posting rules and as long as someone doesn't violate your rules you have to accept what they post and leave it alone. He doesn't do that. He also harasses people in emails when he gets mad at them. I haven't posted on his site since that episode nor will I.

Very unprofessional childish attitude. It's his sand box and I guess he takes away the toys when we don't play the way he wants us to. Take a pass AR and other sites are much better run.
Spades
Visit this Community
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2006 - 08:57 PM UTC
I see that this thread has called out the "Mighty Spades" for a comment.

First off, Gino, thank you for the awesome read and brutal honesty you displayed. I usually claim at work that I am " The High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth ". And brother, you can join my church anytime !!! :-) :-)

Since I served on the M1A1 Heavy in the first gulf war, I noticed many of the discrepancies you pointed out. Personally, I did not care for the paint job, although nice, didnt care for it. I visit that "other" site, but I dont post their for those exact reasons. I would rather someone point out my wrongs so that I can improve you know.

Basically put, Life here is better than life over thier.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:50 AM UTC
TL was the very first model related site I ever visited, "way back when," and did so with some regularity. Informative, nicely laid out, GREAT models, et cetera.

ArmoramA is the first model related site I "joined." Hmmm, no longer do I wonder why (heck, I don't think there ever was a question in my mind).

Gino, your comments were critical, BUT you said the why and how of it. You explained it. You were not "mean and nasty" about it; just, for lack of a better term, pointed. Those that merely "slam" someone should seek life elsewhere, as they offer NO help at all.

I believe that the intent of these types of sites is to teach and learn. No one should be penalized for offering a substantiated and constructive opinion, unless they are "mean and nasty" about it. Didn't "read" that in your posts.

Stay here, post, and teach and (as no one knows everything, I'm sure [tho some think they do]) learn too. You are one of the respectable ones!

As Spades stated: "Life here is better....." Period!

Mike (++) (++)
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 02:27 AM UTC
I gotta wonder - is this person a member here? If so maybe he will read some of this and modify his behavior.
cach7
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 444 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 03:26 AM UTC
Gino, nothing personal and it's just my opinion but i wouldn't have posted the thread. Only because some people bounce back and forth between the two sites. It only starts a us against them atittude. I like Track-Links Gallery set-up better than ours. But you can't beat our forums here. Theres alot of info on this site, also a lot of people willing to share and help out with advice. This is the only modeling site i belong to. I have read some of your critiqs of others work. I think your tough, but not nasty or mean. You point out people's mistakes and use your knowledge to help them fix it. When i finally post some work :-) I hope your one of the guys to critiq it
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 03:40 AM UTC
My 2 cents worth. I pretty much only post here. I rarely offer anything dealing with constructive criticism because usually someone else has noted the same things already. Track link is the first site I discovered. I never joined but as someone said, I love thier picture layout system. If I am thinking about building a Panther "D" I can go there and they have all pix of Panthr "D"s in a group. I know we get threads complainiing about Missing Lynx and now Track -LInk. I wonder how many complaints about Armorama folks show up on those 2 sites?
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 08:59 PM UTC
Gino, I too am a member of both sites. I did not see anything wrong with your initial post.

I probably would not have replied to the post after yours with the "blow smoke up yer butt" comment, (paraphrased) "butt" that is me ...

Did you post comments here on this build too? I didn't see this thread on Armorama.

If you did, I wouldn't have bothered reposting on T Link.

Cheers, Michael
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 727 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC
I too love the gallery feature on TL it's one of the easiest to browse and get ideas from. He did a great job with it. It was also the first site I discovered before AR but the whole accounts thing spoiled me on it and that is a shame.

To answer the question of does Paul have an account here and can he see these posts. I do remember seeing his posts on AR before so I think he does. I just hope he sees the comments people are making for what they are and adjusts his thinking.

Unacceptable posts on any site should be deleted, posts expressing a viewpoint that the site owner happens to disagree with should not.

We are a small community (modelers) and we all need to help each other and work together. I think we need all the sites we can get they have helped me improve my modeling a lot.
Paul_Owen
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 140 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 06:07 AM UTC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. Paul Owen is really whacked. Just got a
> couple nasty emails telling me I am a troll and he
> was going to press charges if I continued to screw
> with his site. What is this guy smoking???

Again Gino, you have twisted what I wrote around for your own purposes. What actually occured was this:

1) you posted a message initially to the Abrams model, which was fine. No one deleted that one.

2) Someone reponded to that stating they didn't like you opinion, you then responded to that one giving them a piece of your mind. No one deleted that one either.

3) I posted a message askig you to give guy #2 a break.

4) You replied to me in a nasty and sarcastic manner. That one _was_ deleted, not by me I might ad.

5) Then you came here to start trouble. You also sent several harrassin messages to my forum which where automatically blocked.

6) I replaced message #5.

7) After reading all of the message here and from #5 I said that if you continues to harrass me I would persue legal action.

In conclusion: this is not about your initial comments on the guy's Abrams, which are still there, but the series of harrassing messages sent after.

Is this clear now?

Paul.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 06:32 AM UTC
This guy needs a visit from Bam Margera and his crew/buddies. Viva La Bam theme plays. LOL
Can't wait for that episode
And Paul your user sig is wrong, your site is lamer than a horse that's already dead.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 07:58 AM UTC
Sorry if you can't take a little sarcasm. The ones that were automatically blocked and you call harassing, were asking why I was locked out and my message # 5 deleted. Sorry if they were a little less than pleasant, but someone at your site just decided to block me, etc. Whether it was you or not doesn't matter. You answered with your troll and legal action BS. That is how it happened. Don't worry, as I replied in my last email to you, I won't be back to your amateur site. You can guarantee that.

By the way, you look real good here. This post was dead and forgotten for about a week till you decided to bring it back up. Good job.

Have a great day!!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After reading all of the message here and from #5 I said that if you continues to harrass me I would persue legal action

Gotta love this guy.... What a terrible case of SMS (Selective Memory Syndrome). Seems as if he can browbeat, harass others but the slightest 'negative' response gets him reaching for his (limited) vocabulary of insults.

Hey, (theoretically speaking) wonder what would happen if someonone impersonated HIS I.D. on a website? No, such a thing couldn't POSSIBLY happen......Jim :-) :-)
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 03:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Pondlife is best responded to by biologists, not, IMHO, by modellers...

Well I did do a lot of fresh-water ecology when I was a student, but I think I'll stay on the bank.
markm
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 07:46 PM UTC
Time to go home now Paul. They have your room ready now, and a nice new sweater for ya. You know the one with the nice long sleeves. :-)
MCR
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 464 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC
I too have to ask why is this post being allowed to continue. Other than highlighting the maturity level of some here and over at Track-Link what purpose is it serving?

Mark Rethoret
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:37 PM UTC
IBTL
To me it's no longer a matter of whether Gino should have posted this or not-everyone has a right to post as they wish. And apparantly his post was less offensive than one of mine, suggesting the use of a silver bullet or wooden stake, to kill a similar thread that just would not die. (mine was immediately deleted)
To me the larger issue is whether the staff here are on the same sheet of music. I prefer this site to any other. I've seen to much similar BS on ML and only post there occasionally. As for TL, just once probably in the past year. Iv'e got too much going on to try and follow every site, or post on every one.
I just have to wonder why one staff member (the one whose say ultimately matters more than any other) wants to just let it die, while another seems to be egging it on further.
If you've seen Crimson Tide you'll know what I mean.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 03:18 AM UTC
I agree... enough.

Btw Paul... you may want to indeed change your sig line as your VISIT MY SELECTED LINK is pointing at your site, but suspiciously re-directing back to Armorama.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP