History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Who talked?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 02:59 PM UTC
Was reading up on This Day In History on the History Channel's site and found the article of General Fromm really interesting and made me yearn for more details!

I really wished they elaborated further on this part........

Quoted Text

Fromm's last-ditch effort to distance himself from the plot failed. Within the next few days, on order of Heinrich Himmler, who was now the new head of the Home Army, Fromm was arrested.

Like the subject titled states....who rattled on the General which inevitably lead to his execution? Anyone here got the low down on it or know of a site that does?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
I couldn't give you speciics. Basically, they caught the vast majority of those directly involved in the plot quickly. They were submitted to severe torture and threats of retaliation to their families. Names were named of anyone even remotely connected, whch is how Rommel got drawn in. Though not a participamt, the fact that he had an inkling of what was going down brought about his "execution" They had him commit suicide to spare his name and family.
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:04 AM UTC
Do you think that if Rommel had not killed himself he would have been executed for his awareness of the plot? I wonder the impact in that would have in the German army not to mention the general public?