_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas PLatoon...new thread
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... I would recommend going to the show before you hit Squadron as most of you guys get lost in the store and don't emerge for hours. :-) :-)

Not so much lost as wandering around in a happy daze. I will either have to exercise great will power (naaaahh...) or use Plan B: take cash and leave the plastic at home...or maybe Plan C: buy stuff until I can't carry anymore and then go home.
Since summertime will be fully upon by then, I will recognizable by wearing my khaki pith helmet, hope to see you guys during the weekend...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
We use Keith Magee's booth as Armorama HQ. If anyone has the knowledge and capability to make say a 3 to 5 foot banner that states this it would be appreciated. I made a 1 page landscape max letter size last year, but it is not real noticeable. Remember folks, Squadron is open to public the Friday before show and the Sunday after show. We meet at show. NO this is not a dictum. If you want to meet the guys this is where , trying to stage a meet at Squadron is tough because there will be a ton of folks in there all wandering about throughout the shelves and shelves of goodies.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 02:08 AM UTC
I didn't bother going to Squadron last year, I found enough little trinkets at the show to add to my stash for CHEAP. Now all I need is the time to build them! lol
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 09:46 AM UTC
Meeting at the show makes a lot of sense. If I could figure out a way to set up a booth and sell modelling time, I could give up honest work completely
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 01:05 AM UTC
Moe brought up a great point that has been totally neglected. There are folks throughout the region selling kits, accessories, and what nots that attend the show. In a lost of cases they sell at cut-rate prices or you can negotiate a bit. Sometimes those rare out of production kits you've been searching for turn. BRIG CASH !!! It helps a lot in reducing the cost of the item.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 02:57 AM UTC
Yep, you can find some nice bargains there for sure. If you like 1/72 scale there'll be plenty of kits there, so if you have any young relatives you might want to give a model too...

As Steve said, bring cash and be ready to part with it. lol

WhistlerOne
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hello to all you Scalefest folks out there!

As hard as I tried to make it last year, I just couldn't pull it off. I will be there this year and I'am looking forward to meeting a few of you guys. Hope to have something worthy of show.

Steve
North Richland Hills

_GOTOTOP