Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Pictures of my collection
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
Hi
I ventured to the bottom of the armorama forums page the other day and noticed the militaria forum so I thought id just share a few pictures of my militaria collection. Im 17 years old and have been collecting for about 4 years so its not a huge collection yet. I used to collect anyhting, but now its just US gear Vietnam onwards.

Lots of OD Thanks for looking
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC
Nice collection. You have a lot of stuff all the way back to WWII from what I can see. I noticed the MACSOG patch in a couple of your photos.
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC
Nice. You're doing well. Thanks for sharing.

Cody
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 11:38 PM UTC
That blows my collection out of the water! I am interested in reenacting WWI, so I have a mostly complete Doughboy impression. Have you ever thought of Vietnam reenacting? There are a few groups I know of in the UK. Who knows, could give some of that Nam era stuff some use....

I guess I'll have to get my stuff online now.....

EDIT: Btw, do you know where I can find a Vietnam era lightweight rucksack for a reasonable price?
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys! Its stilla mixed bag of stuff but im going to sort it out soon to just US gear, I have a hell of a lot of mdoern Brit stuff not on display that I no longer need so I shall ebay some of that. Ive also got a Bren Gun(not pictured) and on the nam display at the back is a LAW weapon

airwarrior-Give these guys a try:
[urlhttp://www.fngsupplies.com/[/url]

If that fails theres always ebay, ive got a lightweight pack but its a later nylon model. And ive only got one!
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 12:46 AM UTC
Rob,

I used to be totally into that - if I were 17 again and knew you I would want to spend alot of time hanging out w/you in that room. Very Cool. I always wanted my bedroom to look like that, but my Mom would have none of it. :-) I still stop and do a double take when I see stuff like that in Antique Malls, Flea Markets, etc.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 10:52 AM UTC
Wow Rob that is a great little collecting you got going on. I myself started collecting some of the stuff I was issued and used. Have pretty much what I need, though I’m still looking for the old c-rations cans, bug juice bottle (repellent) and some camo sticks. Nice display man,

Joe