TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Tonite On T.L.C. "Tanks"
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:07 AM UTC
All Times EST

The Learning Channel

@ 2000 Tanks
Today's tank is a highly sophisticated and complex machine. See the best tanks in the world today including CGI and intimate interior camera access, providing us with a glimpse of the claustrophobic world of the tank crew.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 02:42 AM UTC
I watehed this show last night and I really enjoyed it. Especially the guy with a private collection of 40 pieces, including 4 Shermans. Nothing quite like driving around your own backyard in your own Walker Bulldog! I thought it was very worthwhile.
I think it plays again on December 23rd.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I watehed this show last night and I really enjoyed it.... I thought it was very worthwhile.
I think it plays again on December 23rd.

I enjoyed it, too, but kept laughing through the Sherman section where they kept showing various Stuarts and various other tanks,some of which would never have even faced up against a Sherman. Mr. Techanical Advisor must have been asleep at the switch for that segment. Kind of like in a city near me, there's an M-5 on dispaly in a park. Periodically, there's an articla about it in the paper. The local "expert" the paper relies on has called it a Sheridan as well as several other names that don't even come close to M-5 Stuart.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 03:42 AM UTC
Hi AJ,
Yea, I noticed that too. But it seems par for the course for these type of shows. I especially liked when they showed the M1's firing and they would switch to a close up of the end of the barrel. Lo and behold...it grew a muzzle brake!
Pretty tricky! :-)