_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kiwi Korner
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
MOTAT Military Weekend Photos
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hey guys,

Took the family over to the MOTAT Military Display today and had a reasonably good time. Someone should have told me that its better to drive to MOTAT2 instead of trying to park near MOTAT1 and take the TRAM before starting another long walk to MOTAT2.

SWMBO wasnt too keen on the walk especially since it was a bit of a scorcher this afternoon. :-) Needless to say, i had to go back and pick the car up on my own and drive back to pick the rest up.

Anyway here are some photos i took of it today. Perhaps it could persuade the rest of you Aucklanders to make the trip. I managed to get some walkaround shots of the M3 Stuart if any of you want them.

acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 183 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC
Dude!

I was there today myself...
Dropped by Tankduels display and had a chat.
It was good to hang out with some of the re-enactors for a bit - some great guys.

But - I gotta say this - you could have dropped that show in the middle of the War and Peace Show in Beltring and it wouldn't have made a ripple...
That's me - spoiled...

Time for a methinks...

acav out
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 01:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But - I gotta say this - you could have dropped that show in the middle of the War and Peace Show in Beltring and it wouldn't have made a ripple...

yeah i really think they could have improved it a whole lot more. The one tank i really wanted to see wasnt there......being the Sherman. The closest i got to see the Sherman was in the remote control side of the display.

Re-enactments with the Sherman and Tiger would have been the highlight of my life.
markvs
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 09:23 AM UTC
Yes,the m3 is a lovely restoration job. I saw it a few years ago at a show at Karaka. The owner is a real nice guy.
After spending some time talking to the owner/drooling over the tank he asked if I wanted to go for a ride. Well, how could I say no? 45mph on road is very impressive, if noisy inside one of those things.
TANKDUEL
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:46 AM UTC
ACAV, thanks for saying hi! It was great to meet you.
Neville
USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:43 PM UTC
if only they had down here in the south surpose its a bit to cold for you north people to come and start one up.

jazza al i get is boxes with red x's for the pics.

cheers
matt
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 01:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

jazza al i get is boxes with red x's for the pics.

Sorry about that as the web host company that i was with was temporarily down hence why you couldnt see the picts. You should be able to see them now.
 _GOTOTOP