_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Waffen-SS progress
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 11:54 AM UTC
That's what I was saying Boss. It always happens to me. Sometimes its worst because I can't get back the right shade to paint the part back after I cut of the plastic flash. Drives me nuts this flash and moulding lines.

The camera is a good tool for figure painting. Helps me a lot to check my progress.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bukan camera flash lah Boss. Extra plastic flash. You can see it a bit on the thumb and some on the finger tips of the right hand.

Guys what do you think? Is that extra plastic at the fingertips of the right hand or is my eyes really going?

Words from a flasher! Amazing just how much miscommunication we have here to nail down the flash. Back to donkey business ...

Sil, would a 000 brush help?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i think yes

but not the regular 000 la kot...i try to get the miniature series, which is a bit shorter bristle...
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 03:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

i think yes

but not the regular 000 la kot...i try to get the miniature series, which is a bit shorter bristle...

If you don't mind the price (compared to cheap-plaks) in W&N range, Tamiya has a range of brushes in the pro-series just for fine painting. They are made from Kolinsky Sable hair.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:00 AM UTC
you guys should really check out Popular bookstores for really fine brushes. Cheap and they come in the sizes that you want.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 09:36 AM UTC
haiyaaaa

i was so fed-up...
yesterday i took about 20 shots for the other figure which i painted with pea dots pattern. to may dismay, none of them appear very good in my pc.....
so i have to take another this evening

geram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*&&^%%

well, loo
i have the cheap brush from all ranges but they doesnt do good to me la....
and kenny,

do tamiya have 000 brush too??

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 11:40 AM UTC
Boss, Faber Castell has a 000 brush. Costs about RM 8. I use it to do the rain-drop pattern and the rest of the camo on my little Fallschirmjager on the jambu branch. I bought mine at Jusco at discount during a sale. Quite lasting and absords a fair bit of paint even though its thin.

I haven't use it for pea pattern tapi I rasa it should be okay. Otherwise if you get a brush with a short end may not be good also because you won't get a compact dot.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 12:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Boss, Faber Castell has a 000 brush. Costs about RM 8. I use it to do the rain-drop pattern and the rest of the camo on my little Fallschirmjager on the jambu branch. I bought mine at Jusco at discount during a sale. Quite lasting and absords a fair bit of paint even though its thin.

I haven't use it for pea pattern tapi I rasa it should be okay. Otherwise if you get a brush with a short end may not be good also because you won't get a compact dot.

CK,

i have that brush...bought 5 years ago about the same price...i still prefer red sable ...
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 01:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

do tamiya have 000 brush too??

Last year Tamiya lauched their PRO series brushes. They have 0, 00,and 000 Kolinsky Sable brushes. So far, I have tried Synthetic, Sable and Kolinsky brushes from quite a number of brands. Kolinsky is still the best for fine painting.
sicktunez
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 73 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 12:52 AM UTC
Susah juga buat the pea pattern camo ni...

i dont use brush, but i use a tooth pick, quite susah le jugak..tensi yg boleh mendatangkan rasa kurang sabar..hehehe..
but i think it look okay...

and anybody can teach me, how to paint the splinter pattern, AGAK BERDARAH telinga, mulut mata dan hidungku pabila cuba bebuat demikian.
ive tried painting the splinter pattern on my fallschrimjagger, but it didnt work much...susah juga.

-opie-
 _GOTOTOP