_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Archerman
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:21 AM UTC
Greeting from Massachusetts. In the short time that I have been reading posts on this site I have been very impressed with the talent and friendliness of the members. I am returning to modeling now that my sons are both in college. Like most of us, I built a ton of models when I was a kid. The results weren't of the best quality, but I had a lot of fun. When my sons were younger, we also did model railroading for several years. I thought that I had a handle on modeling until I saw the amazing results posted here. I am looking forward to learning the proper techniques of modeling and hope to one day approach the quality of the models posted here.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC
Welcome from a fellow Bay Stater in West Springfield. Where are you located? While this is an excellent place, very friendly and informative, sometimes having other folks around IRL helps improve the skills. Also, you will, as an adult, feel less awkward if your co-workers and non-modeling frinds fiend out what you're doing and loook at you funny. :-) Anyway, let me know where you are and I can tell you if there's a club near you.
Al
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
welcome welcome...there seems to be quite a few (and rather talented) modelers in your general area. quit reading and start adding to the threads bro.

Archerman
Visit this Community
entire network: 38 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
Al,
I am from West Bridgewater, down around Brockton. I have already been in touch with the Bay Colony Historic Modelers and am going to their next meeting. Any additional info that you have would be appreciated.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 02:34 AM UTC
Velkommen til Armorama, Barry.
A big hello from the other side of the Atlantic. Looking forward to see your work

Cheers
Erik
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 03:11 AM UTC
They are the group I'd have suggested for you to to meet up with given where you live. Great bunch of guys. I've known them for years and I'm working with several of them on this spring's Noreastcon. Good little shop along Cape Cod Canal called Buzzards Bay Hobby run by a good friend, Bill Grigg who lives in Brokton as well. You must also know about Spare Time in Marlboro.
Let me invite you to out contest on 2 April in Chicopee MA. I'm going to e-mail you a flyer.
Al
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC
Welcome,Barry.
Al is correct,many fun New England Peeps here.There are many shows in this area,well withing driving distance.And at these shows,there are many Armorama-ites.We of course all band together for an obligatory photo op.
Hope to see your contributions soon.

(++) (++) (++) (++)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 06:50 AM UTC
Welcome mate,

get yer feet under the table, relax for a bit, then start teaching us what you've learned over the years. In return we'll offer our (or in my case humble and generally rubbish) experiences in return
Wheezy
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
entire network: 62 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 07:26 AM UTC

Welcome!

There's a lot to learn here. Just jump right in and start posting. Take advantage of the great knowledge base.

Daniel
 _GOTOTOP