_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
My next kit will be my last kit....
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 07:27 AM UTC
Ok, I did it again, I went off and bought some more today, I even just ordered some more stuff at Great Models. (++)

Forget it, I give up, who am I kidding, "ITS OVER JOHNNY !! ", here it goes.....

I LOVE BUYING THIS STUFF, JUNK, CR*P, WHATEVER, ITS MINE, I WILL NEVER STOP, C'MON ALREADY !!! RELEASE THE NEXT KIT SO ME AND A FEW THOUSAND OF MY FELLOW JUNKIES CAN BUY IT !!!

hmph.................. :-)
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hi...my name is Jeff and I'm a plastiholic!
When there used to be only 3-4 companies releasing maybe 4 or 5 items a year..it wasn't hard to keep the buying/collecting to a minimum. NOW......I can't stop buying! I think I'll send my entire paycheck to DML and tell them to just send me one of everything they release every month. I still wouldn't be satisfied!
OH well...Man's gotta do something!!!!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,866 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 09:29 AM UTC
In the one to one scale world this is called "the dreaded olive drab syndrome". I can remember going to a club meeting with the latest Tamiya kit (pre-DML) only to find that 2 others had also brought it along. We all decided that the model companies used an addictive agent in the mold release, and the only way to get a fix was to buy another model!

Which reminds me, I may need another M4 for that idea I have been thinking about, not to forget that Jagdpanzer ...... Sure beats the years where we were very lucky to see 2 or 3 kits a year!
michiel
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:46 AM UTC
I have about 40 kits waiting. First I plundered and pillaged Great Models Webstore, then I discovered hobbyeasy.

I just keep telling the wife that I still am receiving backorders...
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:59 AM UTC
Last year i promised the Beloved i wouldn't buy anymore 1/35 armoured vehicles until this year (after i bought a job lot on e/bay). I succeeded, BUT i did buy about 20 1/48 aircraft instead :-). HAHA sucker, they don't count as armour :-).
Andy (who hasn't got a problem with plastic) (++)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:00 AM UTC
Maybe you can arrange with your LHS to get the kit for free, then make a donation to the store
 _GOTOTOP