Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
No control over wierd dreams!
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 08:49 AM UTC
The topic in the Brandydog household lately has been dreams. I had a dream the other night that I was in a car with two other guys I work with and we were driving to work. The car hit a wagon which was carrying radioactive material which exploded and due to the radiation we all received "super powers".
One guy got the ability to fly, the other guy got superhuman strength.

What super power did I get? The joints in both my wrists fused solid and became unbreakable. What the hell kind of super power is that?

I mean picture the scene, the three of us are walking down the street and come across a house fire with people trapped inside. Friend number one says "I'll fly up and pull people out of the window!" Friend number two says "I'll go into the house next door and punch a hole in the wall to rescue people!"

I stand there saying "My wrists are unbreakable!"

This has really bugged me and the more I think about the more I realise that having unbreakable wrists is probably the worst super power that anyone ever had.

Isn't it strange that a stupid dream has got to me in such a way?
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 09:32 AM UTC
No it's not. Dreams are not premonitions, as they don't know the future anymore than we ( or septic meg) do. They can however show us our worries, sometimes burried deep inside our subconcious mind ...

Try to build a model with your wrists 'fused', or for that matter anything else...

Take for example arthritis.. my dad has had this quite badly only for the last two or three years. And is has been getting worse. That is something that really worries me, as that is something that would affect my ability to build models ( apart off course from my worry for my dad ).. Same with eyesight, I have been blessed with perfect 20/20 vision, but one of my greatest fears is ( always has been) losing my eyesight...

Henk
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 09:52 AM UTC
I remember Wonder Woman had those bullet proof braclet thingy's that she used to deflect bullets.........she was pretty hot too. Maybe you could hook up with her
Did I mention that she was a real hottie?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 06:04 PM UTC
you'd be able to punch... woth "rock solid" wrists & Hands.......................
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 850 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 07:09 PM UTC
Your dream reminds me of the 'Family Guy' episode where they all recieve super powers from, yes, nuclear waste. They get super strength, super speed, telekenisis etc, but one of them gets the ability to grow her fingernails really fast. I think that rivals your power for uselessness.

Dave
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:03 PM UTC
Unbreakable wrists? Wow, you can say... I'll Jerk off the locked door and go in the main entrance.
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 02:43 AM UTC
First of all,i have to ask..when you were in the car,were you like a yellow colour,white t-shirt,blue pants,donut in hand?Hehe,it could of been worse!
I had a recurring dream a not so long ago about a kid drowning in my sister inlaws pond(i always woke up terrorfied..).The pond had never been fenced off,nor have they ever really kept an eye on their kids at all while playing in the garden!!I didn't wan't to freak my wife out with details about the dream as at the time the worst ones were occuring when she was pregnant.Then by chance one day,she said that one of my sister inlaws kids had fallen in the pond,but was rescued in the nick of time.She then said that 2 family members(from two diff. generations) many years ago,had drowned .Talk about deja vu!She then said when our son was a year old she wanted to enrol him in swimming lessons.To make a long story short,my boy is 16 months,loves the water,and i no longer have the dream anymore!Cheers,Shay
P.S Still can't shake the one off where im walking naked in my hometown back in New Zealand!!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

where im walking naked in my hometown back in New Zealand!!

yeah, but what does this have to do with dreams... :-) :-) :-) :-)

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 03:34 AM UTC
You think THATS weird huh? I had a dream once in which me and some friends were dreesed as elves being chased around a very large department store (Think BJ's,or Sam's Club) by 6 very angry bears.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You think THATS weird huh? I had a dream once in which me and some friends were dreesed as elves being chased around a very large department store (Think BJ's,or Sam's Club) by 6 very angry bears.

LMAO :-) :-) :-) :-)
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 07:45 PM UTC
You think you have strange dreams. I was prescription painkillers 2 weeks ago.
You should see the dreams I had.

This one me and my buddy went out deer hunting... at night... in a truck... I guess its really not called hunting
Any way we got 5 deer and took them to ma grandparents house. Then to butcher them we hung them from the ceiling in the livingroom.
Yes thats right we hung 5 deer in the middle of the living room to butcher them.

Also the one night I fell asleep with the military Chanel on and dreamed I was fighting a battle with Indians. When I work up the TV show was about Custers last stand.

YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 07:54 PM UTC
Last week I had a dream that my fiance and I were shopping in a mall. (we both hate malls) While there, she was hit on by two guys - and I promptly shoved one into a display stand, and chased the other one into the parking lot. After all of that excitement, we went to the "basement" of the "mall" where there was a rollerskating rink / used bookstore - and we found out my brothers (with their wives) did a roller skating double-date every friday. (and they've never been rollerskating - ever)

The funniest part of the dream was when a little old lady pushed her husband - in a wheelchair - down some stairs because the elevator was out of order. :-)
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 10:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No it's not. Dreams are not premonitions, as they don't know the future anymore than we ( or septic meg) do. They can however show us our worries, sometimes burried deep inside our subconcious mind ...

I couldn't agree more!
A few days before I left for the army, I had a drean where I accidentally bit the cord of my headphones on my mp3 player. Quite an omen, now my listening chances are severely limited indeed! :-)