Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
it's friday the 13!!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 05:17 AM UTC
just realised this when i look into my schedule for today...
although i dont believe in this, but i just hope nothing bad happen to us today..hehe

it's been like years when i first saw the movie..........
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 05:25 AM UTC
I ruptured my achilles tendon last night and I'm off for surgery tomorrow, FRIDAY the 13th! wish me luck!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:24 AM UTC
Here's the background to the Friday the thirteenth legend.
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 08:02 AM UTC
Did you have to remind me ??!?!?!. Now I have to hide all my models from the damn cat !!!!
Marty
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 08:12 AM UTC
It's going to be a good day. I was born on the 13th. I also celebrated my 13th birthday on the Friday the 13th and it was one of the best days in my life.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
All that Friday the 13th stuff is just idiotic superstitious bologna. However, walking under a ladder or having a black cat cross your path is nothing to be taken lightly.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 10:09 AM UTC
Well if you trip over the black cat that crossed your path then that's very bad luck indeed :-)

Got my license back after paying a parking violation fine. No queue at the counter. Cost much less than I was expecting. Hope my luck holds
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 12:38 PM UTC
Naw! I'm o.k. it's Tuesday the 13th that's unlucky here...Jim
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 04:01 PM UTC
I was born on Friday the 13th. I guess that explains a lot...

Shaun
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 04:21 PM UTC
Very Scary Shaun ! :-)
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 10:05 PM UTC
I don't know about elsewhere, but in addition to it being Friday the 13th , we also have a full moon to go with it. A nice double whammy
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:05 AM UTC
I didn’t even realize it.

I just caught 3 nice sized fish this morning so the day appears to be going fine here.

CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 03:44 PM UTC
One of the fellows that works with me had "a feeling" this morning of Friday the 13th. He came in a little early and on the way in stopped at a Quickstop and bought a lottery ticket. Sure enough, the feeling was that of pure luck and good fortune, he won 20K on a scratch off ticket! Friday the 13th bad luck? not for this guy
C.
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 4,808 Posts
KitMaker Network: 360 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 04:40 PM UTC
But it was a bad day for me

I was on a bike with a friend of mine. He was driving.
My friend looked behind him and he couldbn't hold the steering any more.. we fall on the ground and i'm wounded.

If that isn't bad luck then I don't know it anymore...

EasyOff
Visit this Community
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ruptured my achilles tendon last night and I'm off for surgery tomorrow, FRIDAY the 13th! wish me luck!

Good Luck Frank! It's never any fun, I know, but keep a stiff upper lip and you'll get through it just fine. Do what they tell you to do, if you give em a hard time, you'll be emptying your own bed pan!
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 08:51 PM UTC
I survived.. mostly..
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2006 - 09:22 PM UTC
Yesterday (Fri 13th) lunchtime I nipped down the LHS on the Norton & went through a mobile speed camera. I didn't even know it was there, it was hidden behind a broken down bus! I only spotted it on the way back! So thats 3 points + a hefty fine, great eh? Been "clean" for 20+ years. The irony is I work for the plods!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 06:07 AM UTC
I take back what I said last week

Was in my car on my way to pick up SWMBO when suddenly the revs shoot up, the lights dim, and a red icon that looks suspiciously like a car battery lit up on the dash. Holy !!! And I was caught in traffic!!! I finally made it to SWMBO's office garage. Since the guards knew me they let me park there. Whew

A quick SMS to my mechanic told me that my alternator gave up the ghost. Bad news was he was busy so I might have to wait until the next day. Even worse, the car wouldn't start!!! Must have drained the battery after running on half alternator power in 1 block of Manila traffic. So we left the car at SWMBO's office and went home by taxi.

The next day I called up my mechanic. He had three cars lined up and wouldn't be available 'til late afternoon. He advised that I remove the alternator myself so I could bring it to him. So armed with a socket wrench, a flashlight, and a hefty dose of that can-do attitude all modelers have, I went to the garage and started loosening some bolts.

After a few wrong turns, choice curses, and some rest stops to soothe my aching back, I finally got the alternator out. That thing is HEAVY!!! And I had to lug that lump of metal all the way to the mechanic!

When I finally got to the shop my mechaninc gave me the bad news: the alternator had to be replaced. He advised that I get from the importers who sell used parts from Japan. So off I went again still lugging my precious lump of metal. When I finally got to the store the owner assured me that he had the part I needed. After a few minutes of searching through greasy shelves he finally found one exactly like what I had. After a quick test I found out that it worked just fine. After paying him the equivalent of a DML SdKfz 9 in the US I was on my way back to my car lugging TWO lumps of metal.

A few false starts and more choice curses later I got the alternator in, the belt looped around and everything fixed. After finding a friendly armored car driver who had a set of jumper cables in his ride I got the engine started. No weird noises. No red lights. Drove it home and nothing fell off. Perfect end to a perfect weekend