_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Sparebox
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC
I have a modest collection of spare parts and would be glad to contribute.
Andrew

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:35 AM UTC
If your a modeler & don't save stuff.......................I'm running out of room for stuff. I'll have to get more organizers.

LOL
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 01:13 PM UTC
If I might suggest, in the "Searching For" etc area, post "Wanted: Instructions". That way we still get to ask for them without their having to be stored on a server. We can post when our quest is successful, and the moderator can lock the discussion.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 01:45 PM UTC
I think we can accomodate that request. You guys make sure and check the forum from time to time to see what the other guys need in the way of parts.

Rob
Col_Kurtz
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 20 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:28 PM UTC
um i wouldnt pay shipping for a small one peice part, might as well order an entire plastic replacement shhet from the company.

almencini.com
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:38 PM UTC
A few years ago I ordered a replacement set of parts (Sprue A) for a tamiya kit. To my amazement Tamiya charged me $10.00 for the sprue and $10.00 for shipping and handling. I will never order a sprue from a manufacturer again. I would buy another kit.

That experience has dedicated me to helping other modellers get that replacement part they need. I have quit a stash of parts and instructions and would gladly ship a part to someone free of charge. So, I will keep an eye out for the needs of my fellow Armorama maniacs!
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 05:15 PM UTC
I know full well SgtSauer's problem with the sprue from Tamiya, he gave it to me once he got his part off of it, along with a few other parts! By the way, they are now being integrated nicely into the student group build abrams I am doing. I don't want others to have to blow a wad of cash for some small piece. I would rather spend a dollar myself to make sure someone doesn't spend $20 for the same thing, in the hopes that he would then do the same thing for me later if he could. When Brent(SgtSauer) helped me this way, I decided I would also help anyone else the same way if I could. This is why I talked to Jim about the forum when DMD brought it up and why I agreed to help moderate the forum when asked to. My thanks go out to Brent for his help, which helped me to do some really good things on this abrams. So if I can do the same for one of you guys, just ask.

Rob
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think scanning of instuctions is a nice Idea but its better kept off site. If someone needs a copy he's only a posting away from help. can't imagine the cost of this site but keeping excess data would I think be a waste. I'm currently try to come up with a system for my pics and instructions a well as scanned articles. what I have found is it's best to back up to a CD-R and save to CD-RW. I am now in the process of savingeverything to diskk and only having a temp folders which get copied at the end of each week. My two cents about saving stuff for sharing and referencing.

Josh Weingarten
Aka shiryon

8)
I like the idea of a construction sheet database, but I'm sure copyright issues are involved in publishing construction sheets without the publisher's (manufacturer's) conscent !
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:21 AM UTC
I wrote somewhere lately that someone was looking for "modern" american soldiers
well I cleaned my draws and I ran in to 3 figures white metal from belgo. 2 the same with a gazmask and one tanker all are desert camoflaged
gulf war heh belgo is no more
anyone who is interested drop me a private line and Ima send it to ya
 _GOTOTOP