_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Things undone...
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 10:27 AM UTC
Am I the only person who has thier diorama for the contest almost finished, the stowage on the M5 I'm working on almost done and just starting to add hot-knife zimmerit to a new Tamiya Brummar? Am I the only one who never finishes anything?

Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:06 AM UTC
Nope,

i start a lot, but never finish it, to the agony of my wife
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:13 AM UTC
Hola!!

I also have several armor kits started but not finished, among these are a Pz IV with all the PE extras startd and almost finished, also a Cromwell that got stuck at the painting stage, a Panther G thats started a few months ago that I aim to finish sometime, and several figures.

My question is, why is it that we start something and then before it's finished we start on something else?
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:35 PM UTC
I have several that are in different stages of complrtion.Some may not get touched for a week and others that don't even get looked at for years.This doesn't mean that they don't get done,just left to ferment in my mind.If the pasion isn't there for the model,well,it just isn't fun and doesn't get the love it deserves.Right now i'm finishing a SWS Panzerwerfer 42 that was started 2 years ago.Others have been started and finished since I started this one,but she didn't get opened up again till last week.She is now getting finished and the wait was worth it.She will look good!
(:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:17 PM UTC
I would like to think I finish everything. That is why I havent even started on my competition dio yet. I will need to get some work done on it over the next weeks as Im going to Wales for Christmas. I am determined not to start anything until I clear up some projects first. Over the last 3 weeks I have 3 down and 3 to go. This schedule is getting tighter!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:35 PM UTC
Right now, I've got three projects in the last phase of completion. It'll be a while before they're really done. Why? The main reason is that my workspace is too small.
When I start a new project, I need to clear everything else off of my small table to make room. The table never stays clear for long.
If I want to airbrush, I need to clear a pile of junk away from the nearest outlet and cover everything off my worktable...

With more workspace, I could get more done.

YodaMan
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 142 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hey keenan

Dont worry man your not alone!...I Have only the small things to do on dio for the contest and now I have the time but I am stuck on the computer!...Ill get around to it!...(I hope)

Cris
Norseman
Visit this Community
Oslo, Norway
entire network: 270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 06:49 PM UTC
You are not alone...
I have things I started 3-4 years ago...
I have a dream... a dream about how I finish all my models... (:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 09:52 PM UTC
Hey keenan! You're doing a Tamiya Brummbar too? I just painted my Brummbar's tracks last Saturday. It sat on a shelf for a few months gathering dust (natural weathering). Do I really have to put zimmerit on it?

You're not alone man. My diorama is still in pieces, my figure is still headless, and I haven't even opened my bag of rubble yet

I find that I can't seem to finish anything. I look at every model as an ongoing project, even the ones I sent to the local exhibit. Is this a state of mind? Or can we call ourselves artists who will never be satisfied?

Whatever the reason, it's what encourages me to join group builds. I like to be pressured to finish something instead of taking my own sweet time
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 10:21 PM UTC
Let me put my part into this discussion
I`ve got the same thing going on I`ve got so mouch unfinished kits that I can`t count them anymore and usually it are those small things that I have to do
or the last paintjob, Some weathering put some extra details on it. And just before I get to that stage I start something else and those tiny jobs go onto the shelf or in the box waiting for a long long time to get finished.
For instance I`ve got a sherman that is waiting for the last weathering stage and he is doing that for almost three years now.
The same thing is with my Hummel, My 1:09 Zundapp with driver (I only have to add the bags on the side of the motor and I have to paint the camo on the leftarm of the driver.
I still have A stug 40f waiting on the paintjob.
And I already started the next project making the church of St. Mere Eglise with parachutist.
And believe me I have got enough kits unfinished to have some good months of modeling If I could only find some time between my new projects :-) :-)

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hehe I'm guilty of starting but not finishing. This applies more to airplane kits than armor. Armor I end up finishing somehow. Airplanes, well, er, let's give an example - I have an Academy 1/48 Su-27C Flanker that's unfinished - for about seven years already. Hehehe!
Last plane I managed to complete was a 1/144 Academy Tomcat. What made me finish it was that I found a picture of the real thing of the exact same kit.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:33 AM UTC
Hey...
forget the group builds and campaigns.. lets have a support group..

Hi, I'm Mike and I have a problem finishing models..

( no actual offense intended for those getting help in any of the myriad actual support groups out there..)

I can't even count how many models I have in progress... it's gotta be more than 30, probably closer to 50.
Working on models in an apt with a wife and 3yr old means I can't paint or leave things out for long.
This leads to building in steps and stages, and putting things away once they get to the point that the next part glued will make the unbuilt too big to fit back into the box!

help me.. buy me a house!

Mike
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:15 PM UTC
Hehe, You guys shamed me enough to head to the modeling bunker and add stowage to the front of that Stuart. The photos are at the link below. I didn't want anyone to think I could post better than I could model. LOL

Those sand bag on the front are tissue paper bags filled with sand. Don't try that unless you have a 5th of GOOD scotch, Dewars, etc...

Trick of the light, I swear the Stuart is a nice weathered OD, not the bright green you will see in the photos. Too much overhead neon lighting I think...

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:18 PM UTC
Apparently you can't edit your URL mistakes so I'll try again...

Keenan's pics
 _GOTOTOP