TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Saw the new Kong last night and...
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,580 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 11:45 PM UTC
My wife and I went to see Kong last Friday for my birthday. We both definitely enjoyed it.
My littlenitpick....
Too long. They could have trimmed out something tov bring it down to 2 1/2 hours.
My big one.....
I have no problem suspending reality for a good movie. But I at least ask that they abuse that privilege. the scenes where Kong was fighting with the dinosaurs and holding Ann in his hand. I can't believe she could have survived the thrashing she was getting. Whiplash!!! Call my lawyer. :-)
Alsothe previously mentioned stampede. Almost no one got trampled. And when the young guy from the ship was shooting the insects off of Adrian Brody's character with the Thompson machine gun.....please!!!!
He didn't even wing him.
My favorite things....
I noticed the scars too. Nice touch. Also the passing tribute to Fay Raye. And I love that they kept it set in the 1930's.
Best for me was the top of the Empire State Building. I have a very normal and rational terror of heights and I was really squirming in my seat at the end of the movie.
I'm really glad I went to see this one on the big screen
Craig
USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 06:32 AM UTC
the best scenes of the movie would be the villages scary people those and were kong was with the t-rexs and were he snapped the jaw and made shore that it didnt work again and the empire state building scene was good but one mistake i sure in the movie was when kong died and fell hundrends of metres and the road was flat.