TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Wooo Hooo!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:55 AM UTC
I was unaware of the biography. I met his daughter several times while attending. Dodo was only one out of I think three professors that had the privelegde of living "on post". Contrary to legend, He was not teaching Shakespeare but a special grammer / writing class he had concocted when he died.. But he did jump around and act out Shakespeare scenes. I thought he was absolutlly nuts when I first started the class, but after a couple of weeks I realized how much he loved Shakespeare to be doing that. I too learned a great love and did so much extra and special work that I only had to get a 25% on the final to still keep an A. One of my life goals is to see all the plays. I have managed to read them all, but as only the rarely done ones are the ones I haven't seen, it is highly unlikely I'll achieve my goal. Still have my original text. Dodo is one of the few thngs I liked about VMI. Another fun one was Doc Reeves in the Biology he taught an anthropology class. But you could knock him off topic easily. One day we got a lecture on the female orgasm. I laughed so hard I cried throughout the whole class. You should have taken Ancient Japanese HIstory with "Bosco" Brooke. He was old VMI ...3rd one in family to go and he graduated in 34. His grandfather was the one who mapped out the Japanese Coast right after the Civil War. We learned all about why things were called what they were at VMI like "The Nile". (Realevancy here----see the Last Samurai....same era and time frame)

Once again I apologize to all for my
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 01:50 PM UTC
Watched Narnia last night and was very disappointed. I'd read the books as a kid and they left a lasting impression on me, but the movie was so 2-dimensional. none of the depth and magic of the books. And in the end it was just another forgettable kids movie, unlike for instance the Lord of the Rings and the original Star Wars trilogy, both of which were for everyone.

I know everyone will say that a movie can't do justice to a book, but both the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies did.

And BTW, the iconographic parallels to Christianity are far more pronounced than in the books (see Garden of Gethsamane, crucifixion and resurrection). Of course, if you have no knowledge of Christianity, you wouldn't notice.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 09:27 PM UTC
Aslan kicks Kong's butt.

That's my perception and I am sticking with it.

Jim