Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Ack! Snow!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
Looks like we're gonna get socked with nearly a foot of snow by this time tomorrow. The car's in tha back of the garage, the snowblower's in front, I'm taking a vacation day, and there are several figures waiting for more paint on the workbench. (Well, there's some Hunny-do waiting for me, too. but I can live with that.)
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
Yeah, we actually did get about, 7 inches of snow, somewhat. So im hoping for a delay or maybe a cancelation for school tomorrow :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 07:16 AM UTC
Hopefully it will be stopped when I head back to work... tomorrow night.

Since I go back to work tomorrow night, I'm prepping myself, and staying up all night tonight....
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 07:41 AM UTC
Here in Indy we're getting roughly an inch an hour, or so the weatherman says. As for delays, I already have a 2-hour delay tommorrow, so sleeping is in my schedule. Thanks for your time.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
We are expecting the snow to start early Friday,around 3 I head to work at 6,so it could be dicey.
But if it ends early in the afternoon,I should have no trouble driving home.
i like the NOAA site,I can loop the radar or local radar,its fun. (++) (++)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 10:57 PM UTC
Yeah,
We got ever bit of seven inches. Max did get the day off. I didn't. Picture of the other "Big A," Atlas Foundry, this afternoon.

Shaun
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:03 PM UTC
we got 3-4 inches here, which was enough for school to be cancelled, so I'm a happy camper
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:03 PM UTC
some spots Between me & Buffalo have had over 4' already this year. Close to 3 still on the ground....

I wish Lake Erie would freeze already...UGH
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:21 PM UTC
Got about 6 inches here....
I lucked out.... the neighbors son was cleaning another neighbor's car, and did mine as well, and refused to accept any payment, he also dug out the back of the truck, where the plow piled it up, so out I pulled..... haled the plow driver, and he plowed out all the opened parking spots.... :-)
Now I just hope I find a spot tomorrow when I get home from work.... :-) :-)
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:36 PM UTC
YAY! 3 day weekend!
To tell you the truth i couldnt even see my car at all! Only the tires, wish i would have taken a picture :-) A driving Snowball :-)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 11:40 PM UTC
All of Delaware County (Indiana) public schools are out for the day (my sister is so lucky) but Ball State has officially cancelled class once in its entire existance (over 100 years!) and today was not that instance. Some guys on my dorm floor had professors cancel class, but I had one drive from Indy to administer class.

When asked, he said he thought about cancelling, but decided against it. I came back saying, "Could you think a little harder come Monday?" Finals week next week....Ack in itself!

As for the snow, I love it. For the total time snow is on the ground in Indiana, I'd say maybe a couple of months, it really isn't that bad. Sledding...enough said.

My philosophy: You can put clothing on, but you can't necessarily take it off (and some people shouldn't)

Jeff
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
entire network: 1,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 12:02 AM UTC
Stop complaining about 2-3 inches of snow and bring out the skies. Yiiihaaaa!!!!

Cheers Erik

Black_Water
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
Send it this way! Please! We only got one little inch...and its already melting away...

Chris
EasyOff
Visit this Community
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
I took the AMG out in the snow today. What a tank! I was very impressed. I put 4 new rims on the car and Blizzak LM 25 snows on the front and back. The mountain I live on was a was a sheet of ice and my car walked right up it with the traction control light lighting only once indicating that it was being utilized. Boy, are those Blizzak's great tires, the car handles like a dream on dry roads too.
I did get some nasty looks from people, everyone's prolly wondering why I'm driving such a nice car in the snow. But hey, its a car, if they didn't like that today, wait until they see me with the top down while its snowing!
USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 08:24 AM UTC
back here in New Zealand its hot and im loving every bit of it.were i live & inches of snow is quite alot and only the mountains get that and more in the towns ad cities we get about 1 inche and thats if it snows that winter.i saw on the news last night back here in nz on the motorway in america some 18 wheellers were difftering or sliding across the road.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 07:52 PM UTC
Awwwwww, you poor folks!

We're into summer down here as well! Bit blustery today... but that's normal in Cape Town...

Even managed to get a bit of a "farmer's tan" while mowing the lawn today!

Enjoy the cold, lads! Think of me "suffering" in the sunshine..... now, where did I leave that cold beer??
EasyOff
Visit this Community
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 08:18 PM UTC
MOM!!!!! Tarok is picking on us! :-) :-)
I told on you, now your going to be in BIG trouble! There is one way out of it, you could pass one of those cold beers my way
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 08:31 PM UTC
For my part, there isnt much snow for now, but its soon to come! maybe two inches so far as the big snowstorm we had a few weeks ago melted...

Quoted Text

we got 3-4 inches here, which was enough for school to be cancelled, so I'm a happy camper

David, we've had 3 full weeks of school so far this year. Teachers, maintanance and staff are all calling strike. one a week almost. It would be a boys dream to have school cancelled so often but im in my last year of high school and have some very important exams comming up the 19th...

Frank