_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
hannants
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 11:56 PM UTC
Let me tell you a tail about hannants snail mail,they took order over a week ago! god why are they so slow,i could of had the kit built by now painted and ready to show, why are they so slow. :-)

karl

DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 12:41 AM UTC
I think that the problem is down to the scale of their operation. It's the biggest model warehouse in the UK. Smaller dealers can often offer a faster service . Hannants are still one of the best dealers that I've found, if for no other reason that their stock range is so massive - it really is a 'one-stop shop'

Also, with any parcel sent by Royal Mail, it can take a week to be delivered (from experience!) so be a little patient.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
Hi Karl

I agree with you, they’re SLOW, but as Dave states, they are really a massive operation and as they stock almost everything you’ll ever need, I usually cut them some slack (plus the fact that they do warn you that delivery can take up to 28 days).

Usually if I’m in a hurry I’ll get it from someone else. Netmerchants or Models for Sale etc…
Braystaff
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 154 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 01:55 AM UTC
Yeah they are slow

They even admit it in their order confirmation email and say that you should allow 14 days before they dispatch or some such.

but….

They are huge. Sooooo much stuff and if I have to wait to get a rare or unusual kit, I’ll wait

I was very impressed the first time I went to their site - not with the site (cos I feel it needs to be a lot more user friendly) but with the shear amount of stock. I’ve no doubt it will take a couple of days just to find the PE part I ordered!
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
entire network: 686 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 08:13 AM UTC

Have to admit their sites search engine leaves a lot to be desired. Have bought quite a lot from them over the years, even went to the London shop, although it's fait to say, their speciality is definately aircraft, not everyones cuppa tea
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC
I think I'd have to agree with the others, it's probably the mail itself rather than Hannants. I've never mail ordered from them myself (I'm just about close enough to go to their shop if I'm really desperate), but I know ordering parts & things from other people it can take any time. I don't know if Hannants offer a courier service, this is usually faster, but more expensive.
spade_n_nade
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 23 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi Karl I was speaking to some Hannants reps at Imps. They told me that they've been very busy preparing for Imps, on top of this they said they recieved a large delivery on the Thursday before Imps (17 Nov) which knocked them sideaways.

Regards Owen.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
entire network: 652 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 07:25 AM UTC
Never had a problem with Hannants. Colindale shop is just great if you get the chance. VERY friendly and helpful.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
entire network: 652 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
Theres always one......
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 701 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 11:56 PM UTC
I think it has to be a combination of things, the large delivery they had, the "strangeness" of our postal service, and availability of items ordered. I know one thing, i ordered from Historex and Hanants on the same day. I got the Historex parcel in two days, the Hannants one in 7.

Regards from the Swamp

Hawkeye
Littorio
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 06:23 PM UTC
I tend to cut Hannants some slack when it comes to delivery. But one item got me, I pre ordered it - a Tamiya Nissan Skyline, I then saw it in my local Modelzone about a month later, it was another three months before I got the one from Hannants it could have been built, painted and covered in dust by then.

Also there postal costs have rocketed compared with other on-line stores out there.

I now tend to go else where unless I can only find it at Hannants.

Ciao
Luciano
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:18 PM UTC
I avoid them like the gingerhead specky kid in the play ground who smells of digestives!. used them once or twice before once gave them the 14 days item never turned up phoned up got sniggered at oh yeah forgot to post it out so waited another 14 days.....dont care how big they are I've used greatmodels/squadron and lucky model who all probaly have the same size warehouse and dealing with international orders how come they can get the stuff to you in a week from placing the order and thats including delivery using our postal service....need to buck up their idceas and quick
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 03:40 AM UTC
I've found thier postal service,"pants",2-3 weeks to do 40 miles
now if I need something urgent,I drive there,as its only 40mins away,Saturday is the best day to go ,as you can park your car round the back of the shop in the Inland revenues car park(see, the tax man does have hes uses by not working the weekend!!!)parking on a weekday is a nightmare.
plus the RAF museum at Hendon,and is free admission !!
 _GOTOTOP