_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Help finding ANZAC 1:35 kits
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hi everyone.Being a true blue kiwi i would in the future like to make a dio with a WW1 theme.However,i have looked high and low and have not been able to find any ANZAC soldiers in 1:35 scale.Plenty in 1:72 but nothing in 1:35!!
If anyone knows where i could find such figures please let me know.For those who don't know ANZAC was the term used for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
Cheers,Shay
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 07:59 PM UTC
Shay

Good luck with your search and if you ever find any let me know. You would expect something like that would be a good seller in Australia - but I have never seen any in the shops.

The closest you can get are North Africa allied figures and I think I have seen here something about a "Chindit" figure (can't remember if 1/35 or not though) which could have been resin.

Certainly no WW1 stuff.

Brian
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 05:09 PM UTC
Gday Shay
Hoe about dropping a line to David at Firestorm models out of NSW? I know he casts resin figs of Anzacs from WWII, so he may do WWI also and if not he would be your best bet to find a supplier...
Can't think of the website this instant, but drop Firestorm models into a search engine
Cheers
Brad
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 06:21 PM UTC
You can try contacting Auburn (Phil) through these forums. He might be able to either find some of make some.

Check out the figure he created here
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hey guys,
Thanks for the replies,def. going to get in contact with them!I'm only new to the site but already have got an idea for a WW1 dio that i would like to create in the new year.This is the beauty of this site,if you need help or suggestions,there is always someone here to help you out.
Thanks a million,Shay
 _GOTOTOP