TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Crash
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 08:59 AM UTC
I had really been wanting to see "Kingdom of Heaven". I had a free pass / raincheck courtesy of Blockbuster so I went in on an off-day and picked it up. To make a weekend of it, I decided to ick up one mre. My ex-wife had told me she had seen an incredible movie, CRASH, and Sara Bullock (my secret love) was in it. The guy at the check-out stand also said it was outstanding. So I watch Kingdom of Heaven and it was spectacular, all I expected. The next day I put on CRASH, not having any knowledge or expectations. OK here's the poop. This is one of the most stupendous, thought provoking movies I've seen in a long while. It gets my vote for best Picture of the year. No car chases, no super-digital special effects, no knife wielding psychos running loose. Very briefly...a bunch of people with racial predjudices have their lives briefly touch. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 01:56 AM UTC
Please note the date of the original post ......Oct 30th 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I predicted way back then that this was the best picture. I now stand vindicated. If you haven't seen it yet and you are over 25 you will be absolutely blown away. MOst guys under will probably be bored because it is not exciting or visually stunning

EDIT: You have to watch the entire movie otherwise it would be boring, everything builds upon itself like a tapestry coming together in the end which will leave you stunned.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:38 AM UTC
After all the hoopla at the Oscars I added it to my Netflix queue. I should have it by the weekend.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 04:12 AM UTC
Let me second Steve's sentiments. The characters in the movie are all multifaceted and there's redemption and downfall, compromise and pricipal. Definitely earned its awards. There were scenes that absolutely stopped me cold.