TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
JarHead
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,017 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:15 PM UTC
What do you think of the upcoming movie previews look good.
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 451 Posts
KitMaker Network: 158 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:26 PM UTC
im so used to seeing jamie foxx in comedy roles it was kinda cool to see him in a different light. not like i'm going to the theater to catch it, but i'd give it a try on video.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 04:20 PM UTC
I thought it looked good, though it has scenes that reminded me of Apocolypse Now, which was too freaky for my taste. Hopefully it won't be to freaky. It looked very good otherwise.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 03:04 AM UTC
I listened to the audio book and found Swafford to be very whiney with a negative outlook on the Corps. From what I know of him, he was less than a stellar Marine. Some of the book I found humorous and on target for the Corps at the time, we were in during the same time period. Other parts of the book were combinations of his whining about his life and the Corps and his personal views of being a Marine. I didn't agree with his views as I got more out of the Corps than he apparently did but everyone has their own outlook.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 07:26 AM UTC
Looks good to me, going to catch it the day it comes out
ooh-rah

watch the trailer here
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

im so used to seeing jamie foxx in comedy roles it was kinda cool to see him in a different light. not like i'm going to the theater to catch it, but i'd give it a try on video.

Check him out in Ray (Won Best Actor Oscar) and Collateral (Best Supporting Actor Oscar Nomination) . He really does have good dramatic skills.
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I thank God for every day that I'm in the Corps

I liked Jaimie Foxx's facial expression when he mouthed those words.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 10:56 AM UTC
I know nothing at all about the book, or movie, Jarhead. I do have one comment on the ads for the movies. I HATE rap music. Sorry if that offends anybody but its the way I feel. If there is a lot or that music in the actual movie I will be passing on this one.

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 11:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I HATE rap music

Join the club buddy :-)

Though I think I'll see this one, looks like it has some really cool scenes, i.e. M1 plowing through dune, warthogs flying really low over the troops...
rommel21cw
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 11:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I listened to the audio book and found Swafford to be very whiney with a negative outlook on the Corps. From what I know of him, he was less than a stellar Marine. Some of the book I found humorous and on target for the Corps at the time, we were in during the same time period. Other parts of the book were combinations of his whining about his life and the Corps and his personal views of being a Marine. I didn't agree with his views as I got more out of the Corps than he apparently did but everyone has their own outlook.

I definitely have to agree there. The book was really not of my liking and was more of a rant about his negative views although I will definitely see the movie, mainly because it seems it will be worthwhile and give me my war film fix.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 09:05 AM UTC
Just another war-flic from what I can tell. I'll wait and pick his one up on video
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 04:20 PM UTC
I read 40-50 pages of it waiting in a bookstore one evening...wife was late. I had a mixed impression- realistic I guess but fairly negative. That said it wasn't the whole book.

Its' a 50/50 if I'll see it in the theater or not. From what I have seen on the trailers it looks like the DOD cooperated.

Jim
Spot
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 95 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2005 - 10:20 AM UTC
All right guys, here's a question for ya! How realistic is it really? Does it go as in depth as All Quiet On The Western Front by Eric Maria Remarque or is it that kind of MTV negative outlook bull . I guess my point is; is the movie worth going to see?