Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
paranormal in the military
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 03:59 PM UTC
I was watching Death Watch the another day, just wonder if anything ghostly like/paranormal you guys had encountered in your military career? #:-)
2CDO
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 30 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:27 AM UTC
Yes I have had some paranormanal activities in my career the base that I work at is haunted because during the Korean war a couple of people commited suicide before being sent over to Korea and ever since the Mewata Armouries have been haunted
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 501 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:28 AM UTC
I saw Disney characters during my final defensive ex does that count? #:-)
Stabone
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
Disney characters? You were hallucinating. I did too during my basic. A saw cats fighting in front of my trench. My partner couldn't see them so i started throwing empty blank rounds at them and saying "Follow my tracer." In the meantime a RCR troop had crawled within 20m of our trench and could hear our entire conversation. When I threw the 5th casing the RCR troop yelled "What kind of f*cked up turkey shoot is!?" this and opened up with his C7.
That's one of the stories from my FTX.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
After 14 years I have not encountered anything. However, things do have a tendency to disappear from my supply room if I don't keep things locked up.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 12:19 AM UTC
I always found it amazing how some soldiers would disappear whenever there was work to do and magically reappear whenever something good happened -- like when someone showed up with a box of donuts.

I work at historic old Fort Leavenworth and many of the old buildings are purported to be haunted. I've never seen anything weird personally, but some of my soldiers claim to have seen things. My office is in a building that was once the post hospital, and is directly above the former morgue. Every "paranormal" event I have witnessed has had a "normal" explanation. For instance, we occasionally have a squirrel or bat get in and raise a ruckus in the ceiling or in the old chimneys.
StUkaWang
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2003 - 05:32 AM UTC

Don't know whether us conscripts hallucinate all the time, but my CE battalion's base is an old Brit air force base and my bunk is a 70 year old crumbling pile of junk. Not only it smells wierd but there are constant hauntings from my bunk next door. Was having an urgent toilet break one night and i saw this brit squaddie in old RAF khakis putting on his boots.
Scared the sh*t out of me, especially when that room is sealed out.
StUkaWang
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2003 - 05:35 AM UTC
And then there is this famous tale during basic training . A recruit got lost during a night march in the jungle and was found dead by a tree with his organs neatly arranged in standard military arrangement....
asked my officers about it and they claim its an X file.
Get what i mean ??
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 09:18 PM UTC
Sounds all interesting, my father had one, whilst he was in the army, another platoon of the same company went for a night time patrol trainning or something, and was lost contact for more than 5 hours, the moment they found them, they were apparently going circles in a 1 sq KM radius.... Spooky stuff.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
Nothing I ever saw. A few folks acted a little weird but that is about all.
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 03:19 PM UTC
I'm going to have to let Selrach know about this topic area. We're both interested in the paranormal, x-files type stuff. Scarey, but fascinating. I'm a military brat (dad was in the military).. but the closest thing to a paranormal experience he had was when Elvis Presley was stationed in the same Unit as he. Now THAT was bizarre. LOL .. and yes, I am not kidding.

plastic_widow
Vihuri
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 39 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 04:45 PM UTC
I get really trippy dreams from the anti-malaria drugs they give us before we go to LCBS (jungle warfare school). Does that count!
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 06:44 AM UTC
Years ago we had a LT in my tank company that seemed to have a curse and a guardian angel. In the the space of 18 months he had at least 4 near death exoeriences involving tanks.

First, he got his gas mask caught in the turret basket, which destroyed the mask and nearly pulled him into the turret ring. Next, he managed to get his pistol ( in a shoulder holster) caught in the turret ring. Ever seen a M1911 that shoots abruptly to the left? Both times his gunner heard the racket and stopped the turret before the LT got damaged.

Later, during gunnery, his loader nearly quit in disgust because the LT (a rather tall fellow) kept sticking body parts into the recoil path of the gun. Every time he dropped down to check the LRF or God-knows-what-else, he would stick a leg, arm or hip into the recoil path, then yell "Fire". His loader was tired of trying to keep the LT from getting hurt, at the same time trying to keep himself out of the recoil path while reaching across the gun breech.

One afternoon, we called a leadership powwow during a field exercise. The LT climbed out of his tank and walked toward us, but he looked like he had something flapping behind him as he walked. Everyone behind him seemed to find him rather funny, and were basically falling down laughing. The CO asked him to turn around, and we discovered that his pants were ripped open across his entire leg and backside. He had been slewing the turret with the TC override, and had gotten his pants caught in the turret ring. As he fought to keep from being drawn into the turret ring, he forgot to let go of the override. At the last moment, his gunner flipped off the turret power. It took both the gunner and the loader to make him let go of the override, then they manually cranked the turret back to unwind his pants from the gearing. He was so close to getting hurt that the teeth in the turret ring had left a row of three abrasions on his leg. (His gunner went to the First Sergeant and was assigned to another tank before we moved out again.)

Supernatural? Definitely not normal!
Demsul
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 09:28 PM UTC
While assigned to the 8th Fighter Wing, WOLFPACK, at Kunsan AB ROK, I was told the tale of the haunted hardened shelter. Supposedly when Kunsan first got F16's two crewchiefs were working on the aircraft late at night. The next day they were found dead with their throats cut in the shelter. Supposedly some North Koreans snuck over and killed them during their mission to get intel on the F16. Someone later painted two horse shoes where the bodies were found and they say if you put something over the horseshoes it will be mysteriously moved. I personally think someone needed lay off the Soju.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 06:36 AM UTC
I had some werid experence's when stationed in germany once in my room i had the feeling i was being watched and thought i saw something in the corner of my eye i also didn't like walking in the basement area for some reason the camp was next to dusseldorf
airport and was an old luftwaffe airfield, worst place I was at was hohne or belsen the hq of
7 armd bge is bout 2 miles from were the concentration camp was one very strange place what you dont see behind the camp is the mass graves of 50,000 dead russian pows :-)
got some other tales but that another day!
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
i know that this has nothing to do with your storys.
but i bet the beaches of normday are hanuted
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 08:26 AM UTC
It really wasn't a ghost story, but when stationed at Ft.Polk, La in the 80s there was this abandoned crematorium located on the east end of the post back in the woods. I think the story went that it was used during the early 20s and 30s for the disposal of remains from some sort of epidemic. At any rate we called it Frankenstein's castle and we used it to scare the crap out of newbies. One night we took this kid out there and the sun was going down and it was really getting dark. We had this kid fully primed. As we approached the loading dock we told him to go in first. As he stepped in, this cloud of bats came flying out and all we could here was this kid screaming. We were laughung so hard we didn't realize he had left us and was running down the road. We picked him up and we hauled him back to the barracks.......he wet his pants. Oh what fun! MPs are evil people.

The great thing about Ft.Polk was it was lousy with wildlife. Needless to say a lot of great stories have been generated over the encounters of MPs and beasts. Remind me sometime to tell you about Raymond and the skunk.

mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 08:49 AM UTC
95Bravos story has just jogged my memory on a similar story we had TA sergent come to our unit for his annula camp he was a para-mdeic in his full time job any way they let this new police recruit into a pretend joke on a new para-medic. To cut the story short the policeman had been set up by his mates so the medic's told him to go into the fridge in the morge were they stored the stiffs and told him when we pull you out pull the sheet away
and give the new medic a fright well in the fridge goes the police man the medics heard him complain how cold it was and a reply came back from inside the fridge agreeing with him apprently the lad was screaming like hell to get out when they pulled him out they told him that it had been the plan all the time to play the prank on him