TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
the 2005 TV season...perspective
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Yeah........................that's right.....I love TV. I'm not going to act like some snotty person and say I only watch the History channel or I only read Shakespeare (I do that too). I like to laugh, be astounded at weird plot twists and get caught up in drama. Desperate Housewives---cracks me up, Surface ---astounds me------Las Vegas- lots of sexy babes and I like James Caan....Boston Legal- Denny Crain...........LOst intrigues and mystifies. I love JOey, and ER I still think is a great drama(best it's been in a couple of years). This year they've added some new stuff. Commander in Chief with Gina Davis as Pesident of US....so far I've enjoyed it. I've not made anysense out of Invasionand will probably drop it, and I actually scream at the blatantly rah rah USA mentality of E-Ring. Kolchak is interesting to a point, but it is not as fun as the original with Darin McGavin...no monsters, vampires, or were wolves and everyone thinking he's a raving lunatic. On the weirdo channels....Nip Tuck I find truely amazing as well as Breakout. I have stuck by Over There and really like it a lot....I know everyone panned and attacked it because it wasn't a Band of Brothers clone nor was it supposed to be.

So come one...come all !! chip in your 2 cents or buck fifty worth. ANd you might try looking at TV once in a while ......there is more to learn than just stuff on the History and discovery channels. comedy can lighten your spirit and some of the other shows can open your hearts and emotions
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:56 PM UTC
I heartily agree with your sentiments Steve, thanks to U.S. TV producers, the 250+ digital channels I get have been totally re-vitalized thanks to Desperate Housewives, House, Medium, Lost, Galactica etc., etc, etc... O.K. we're a bit behind from you lot over there (we're only on Season 4 of 24 for example) but it's still 5 billion light years away from the terrestial trash...

God Bless America's TV Producers!!!!

Also before you ask, with digital, everything is in English.... I've even started watching Smallville ..Jim :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC
I can't say I'm overly impressed with the new season so far. I'm no snob, I freely admit to watching TV, far more than I should. About the only new show I've liked so far is Criminal Minds. One thing I really hate about US TV is when one type of show is a hit the networks fall all over themselves in making clones. It happened with CSI over the last few years, now it's happening with Lost.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:53 AM UTC
Jim:

I have to agree, 24 is a sit on the edge don't miss a second 90 mile an hour thrill ride. I've seen the one season which is probably the one you are watching so I will refrain from any discussion about it. I definitly will be tuned in when the show kicks off again here in January.

Rodger:

My sentiments exactly. Lost is still great, and I really like Surface, I don't think Surface is exactly a clone. It's kind of a Jaws-y type show with a bit of the X-file / Lost atmosphere. I was just about to write it off when they showed the scene of the creature coming up from below to swallow that Sport fishing boat...now that was spectacular!! All the other clones stink in my opinion. I see they are cloning Desperate Housewives as well. I'll pass
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 08:41 AM UTC
My must-watch list...

Lost
Invasion
Surface
Gilmore Girls (go Luke!)
Smallville (but only started this year)
Battlestar Galactica
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Bones
Gray's Anatomy

Ahh...help...my wife has sucked me into TV watching again!!

Jim
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 08:41 AM UTC
Alright, you guys are going to hate me...I like Survivor. Okay, OKAY, stop throwing things. I'm a bit of a sucker for some of the reality shows.

My favorite shows currently are LOST and Alias. Alias has always been my favorite, but I must say that the past two seasons have been a little weak. LOST has gotten better this year. Commander In Chief is good so far. Comedies have gone down quite a bit. There's not many that are good on anymore. I do like King of Queens though and the Bernie Mack Show. Personally, I prefer reruns of Seinfeld any day.