Trouble with decals?
Decal paper
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 261 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:25 AM UTC
What's the difference, when you're buying blank sheets, between white decal paper and clear decal paper?

Matt
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:34 AM UTC
White decal paper is white. Whaterev you print on it will be on a white background, just like it is printed on regular paper. Clear decal film is just like a commercial decal. It is clear and whatever you print on it will not have a background color. If you want to make your own decals and have them disappear on your models just like a commercial decal, you need to go with clear decal film.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 03:55 AM UTC
There is only one brand of printer that prints white.. so if you purchase white decal paper you can print over it and simulate white printing. That is the advantage, but then you have to trim the decal to remove the white edging.

OH, by the way, the clear Krylon Acrylic found in hardware stores works as an overcoat for decals just as well as the Micro-mark stuff... and it is a lot cheaper.
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 261 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:41 PM UTC
Thanks, I was thinking along those lines. I just wasn't sure because I didn't know why someone would want a white background, but apparently there are uses for it.

matt
 _GOTOTOP