_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Cleaning Iwata
mpalao
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:35 AM UTC
Please, I need information about the cleaning process for The Iwata Airbrush. And one question, Which is the parts be necesary to dismount?
Thanks

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:59 AM UTC
Miguel, without knowing which Iwata model you have, I cannot give too much specific advice.
This link below is a general purpose cleaning method for cleaning your Iwata.

Iwata Airbrush Maintenance

If you need more specific help, please tell me your model number.
mpalao
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
Thanks Kencelot, the model is Iwata HP-BS plus. If you can help me I will be very happy. Thanks.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:40 AM UTC
Miguel, I am assuming that you just need to clean the most common part which is the needle..

Remove the rear part of the handle, that is the piece that is at the back of the airbrush with the see through handle. Remove the needle chucking nut and slowly pull the needle straight out. Clean the needle very carefully with whatever cleaner is recommended for the type of paint you were spraying.
Remove the front piece called the nozzle and the inner packing head. The packing head is the brass conical piece that the needle slips through. Clean these two pieces very carefully. You can use a soft brush to assist cleaning these two pieces if it is necessary.

Replace the front pieces FIRST! Than slowly slip the needle back in through the rear of the airbrush. Replace the chucking nut and the handle and you should be good to go.

Remember, that you only need to tighten these pieces by hand. NEVER use a wrench on the airbrush.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, ask.
mpalao
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 08:22 AM UTC
Hi, Kencelot, thank you very much for your answers, are very good for me.
Normaly I use acrylics colours (Tamiya normaly), but I donīt know if I can to clean this airbrush with thinner, or with water or isopropil product..., I donīt know if I can employed this for acrylics paints.

Thanks , and happy day
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 08:59 AM UTC
Hello again Miguel.

I have almost the same airbrush, the HP-SBS and you can spray all manner of paints through it. Enamels, acrylics, inks, dyes.

Depending on what kind of paint you sprayed through the airbrush, clean it with what the paint recommends. Since you used Tamiya's paints you can use isopropyl alcohol to clean the parts.
mpalao
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:21 AM UTC
Thanks Kencelot, Ok , I take your comments. I have the Iwata hp-SB plus two days ago. I donīt use it. I am take all information about this airbrush. and.... This model , in your opinion is a good airbrush?? the needele size is 0.2 mm and I see that this model have a good atomization, but in your opinion I can with this model make fine lines???
Thanks
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:49 AM UTC
Yes Miguel. You have a very nice airbrush. Will serve you well for models. You can spray nice fine lines with it. Practice using it for a couple hours on some carboard or an old piece of wood to learn what it is capable of.

Most of all, have fun.
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:51 AM UTC
I have the same airbrush, you can make lines the size of a pencil point with experience, you must make all paint you use with this airbrush very thin or it will clog. to clean my airbrush I use an ultrasonic cleaner filled mostly with water and a little acrylic cleaner, works great, i think you can use the ultrasonic cleaner for any kind of paint if you use the correct cleaner. Micromark.com carries the ultrasonic cleaner best way i have found to clean an airbrush it works every time.
mpalao
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:49 AM UTC
Thanks for yours answers. Ok, I need to probe it. I take yours comments about this model.
OK, I suppose 50-50 ratio thinning is correct.
Ok , Thank you very much. I suppose I will have another questions when I will use. I hope soon.
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP