_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
cant post pics in forums
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hi, I guess this isnt a new problem , Ive tried the high light and copy no luck so i went to image help, thought i would try the properties route but i cant find these image buttons to paste my url between, can any one help.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hey John, I am assuming the picture you want to add to a post is being hosted on an online location. (of course you know that pics on your hard drive cannot be posted)

It is best to have two browser windows open for this procedure. Okay, go to where the pic is being fully displayed on your screen. Right click on it and scroll to the bottom of the resulting dialog window to "Properties" and Left click on it.

A new dialog window will open replacing the first and will display information about the image. What we are interested in is the address or URL of the pic. With your Left button, click and hold the button down on the very beginning of the address . Usually starts with http. With the left button still pressed, scroll the cursor to the end of the address so that the result is highlighted. Keep in mind that the address is not always fully displayed until after you scroll across it.

Once you have the address highlighted, (you will know the end is shown when you see a .jpg or similar) let go of the Left button and Right click on the highlighted address. A third dialog window will open, select Copy

You are now ready to paste the address between the [url]'s

Hope that helps.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hi Ken, thanks for the info, the photo is in my gallery, now i tried as you said properties etc but when it comes to pasting theres no img brackets this is my problem, sorry for being a pain , but i think im doing something basicly wrong here, now ive posted pics in forums before using the highlight and copy function in the gallery but every time ive gone to properties i cannot find these Img buttons.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC
Ok John, at the top of the window where you type your post on the right side you will see an image button. You just need to click it to get the code placed in your post. If that fails, you can always type them in manually.

Because a picture makes it easier:

Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 03:31 AM UTC
Sir your a gentleman, many thanks.
 _GOTOTOP