_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Tamiya Spray-Work Basic Compressor - w/Airbru
Beginner
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 05:23 PM UTC
Does anyone know if this is a good airbrush? It seems self contained and reasonably price. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I have no clue about airbrushes, just that it's made by Tamiya Thanks!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=74520

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 06:36 PM UTC
Im using that exact airbrush now and find it really nice and compact. Cleaning the airbrush itself is quite a painless process.

I typically hook up using an adaptor as oppose to a battery but its really nice to have that option to place the battery in for mobility.

I would thoroughly recommend it.
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 08:32 PM UTC
I'm using this set too... But i've replaced the airbrush with a "metalic" one instead of using the "plastic" airbrush which comes with it. I've got problems with the one they provided... the plastic containers (i'm not sure what they're called) where I feed paint in got stuck and I couldn't remove them for cleaning. So I changed..

As for the compressor, it is rather basic but the function of being able to bring it everywhere is a plus. I don't have a fume hood, so I would usually do my airbrushing out doors.

However, i'm gonna stick with the compressor for now as i'm still on a rather tight budget till I'm able to upgrade to a newer compressor. One that has a regulator that allows me to change the PSI (air pressure).

Conclusion: I personally I think it's still a good "stand in", till you decide to upgrade..

HTH...
 _GOTOTOP