TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Hist. Chan. Nov. 9 Tiger Attack
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2002 - 10:24 PM UTC
All Times EST

@ 1400 Mail Call
Tank/Gatling Gun/Samurai Sword

R. Lee Ermey, who played the sergeant in "Full Metal Jacket", applies his gruff sense of humor in this half-hour series that answers viewers' mail about what the armed forces were, and really are, like! Shot on location, Ermey reads the questions on air and then sends them out to military experts in the field for answers and brief demonstrations. In this episode, he finds out how to steer the WWII tank M5A1 (the Stuart); how fast a Gatling gun can fire; and why the samurai sword is so powerful. TV PG

@ 1430 Basic Training
There are many ways to take on, and take out, the enemy. One image seared in the mind of many is of a soldier tossing a grenade--a small explosive object that packs a life-threatening punch. Today, the recruits take on the complete experience of throwing live grenades. Also, Richard comes face to face with the third and final PT (Physical Training) Test. If he fails, he won't move on. TV G

@ 1500 The Great Ships
The Frigates

Fast, powerful, and nimble, the humble Yankee frigate devastated the renowned Royal British Navy throughout the American Revolution. Recreations and computer simulations reveal why it was the envy of designers the world over. TV G

@ 1600 Tiger Attack!
Developed from a desperate need to turn the tide of war in his favor, Adolf Hitler was personally involved in the Tiger Tank, one of history's finest armored fighting vehicles. It was big and bad, and fit the Nazi ideal of a weapon. With detailed color reenactments and interviews, we enter the Tiger's world and meet its crews that fought on every major battlefront in the European Theater. Told from the German point of view, the program is produced in association with the Imperial War Museum, London. TV G

@ 2000 repeats @ 0000 Battle of the Bulge
Movie. Epic story of the Nazi war machine's last desperate offensive. Henry Fonda, Robert Shaw, and Charles Bronson star. (1965) TV PG
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 02:26 AM UTC
Hi Sabot:
I know, I saw the add for the movie last night while watching History Channel, And just about junmped for joy. AS B.O.B is one of my all time favorites. Speaking of which, Believ it or not the VERY FIRST time I saw it was at my High School in San-Angelo Texas. To this day I still never figured out WHY they did that or managed to get away with it. BUT I am GLAD that they did. How about you?? Do you remember the first time and place you saw B.O.B ??

DAGGER-1
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:40 AM UTC
In reality for such a cool movie its not a accurate portrait of what really happened.
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 340 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:30 PM UTC
Nopers its not i mean for gods sake they used m412 for the germans
Branden