Local, Regional, or International.
West Central Mo. IPMS
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 12:41 PM UTC
We had a bit of an Armorama "face-to-face" today at the West Central Missouri IPMS contest in Kansas City. Mary Langley (Tankysgal1) and Kevin Gardner (Jackhammer81) were there, as well as Rick Brownlee (MiamiJayhawk). There may have been others -- forgive me if I missed you!

I thought I recognized a few of the models on the tables, but didn't make the link to Armorama until the awards ceremony. Turns out I had been standing right next to them a few times during the day and had no clue who they were. I spoke to Mary for a few minutes afterward, but didn't have a chance to visit with Kevin. I've known Rick for years before Armorama through IPMS in KC.

One of Kevin's dios took second (and I took third) and I know Mary won a couple awards, including her Beverly Hillbillies truck. I don't know what all they won (I couldn't hear the emcee very well, plus I sit with the noisy KC AMPS heckling section), but I think they did well.

Hope we see some Armorama folks at the KC AMPS show Oct. 15, same place as the WCMO show was today!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 02:49 PM UTC
Congradulations to all the winners. I plan to be in KC for next years Nats. I hope I can meet some of you.

Chuck
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 12:28 AM UTC
What a nice show it was. Yes indeed. lol..It was great being able to meet Bob face to face. I believe Armorama made an impressive showing...

As Bob said before, i know that i saw him several times throughout the day and never realized who he was until he introduced himself to me at the end of the show..(sorry Bob).. As he said , a few of us from Armorama were there, Myself, Kevin, Paul Rains (Natoe308) and his wife Wendy, Rick Brownlee(Miami JayHawk), another guy name Chris, who for the life of me i cant remember his callsign.

As Bob said...I didn't do to bad. I won third place with the Bevely Hillbillies Truck in the automotive catogory, Took an Honorable Mention in Dioramas with my Remember Korea dio, and took First place with my Zombies dio in the Miscellaneos Catogory.
Jackhammer81 took second place with his Die Pressung dio in the Dioramas catogory.
And Rick Brownlee placed in a few catorgorys as well, which i cant remember right now..

And Bob Also if i recall correctly did pretty well in dioramas and some others as well.

Would be nice to make the AMPS show next month..not sure if we will though..but ..we will definately be back for Nationals next year.

Black_Water
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 08:37 AM UTC
I had a great time meeting everyone, as well. It was a pretty good show, IMHO. This was my first chance to actually talk face-to-face with anyone from Armorama beyond those I already know from the club here in KC. It was great to be able to put a face to a name/callsign. Kevin, Mary, Paul, and Wendy don't seem nearly as "foreign" anymore. I hope to see y'all again sometime soon!

If I remember correctly, Rick took second in SciFi with a modified AT-ST walker and a first in soft skin vehicles for his Russian field car. I walked away with a few awards, myself, so I'm happy.

Chris
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
Great show, I wasn't aware that other members of Armorama were there. I had the Clear Me 262 and the Caputred T 34 there along with my vendor table Wings n Treads. I will be looking to see some of you at the Region 10 contest in Fort Collins Co at the end of Sept.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:38 AM UTC
I want to thank the guys at the West Central Mo. IPMS for putting on a first rate contest and event. Mary and I had a wonderful time seeing old friends and making new ones Wish I would have gotten to meet the rest of you!!
I am glad so many members of Armorama did so well I am pretty proud of Mary she took an honorable mention with her remember Korea dio, a third place with her hillbillies truck and First with her zombies dio. I even came away with an award too so it was a very good day indeed.
I hope to meet a lot more Armorama members there next year when they hold the nationals!!! Cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP