_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Time issues...
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 12:04 AM UTC
Hey everyone.I joined a few weeks ago after deciding to get back into 1:35 after 10yrs.I would like first to say that the standard of craftmanship is absolutely amazing!!All hints and tips have saved me a heck of alot of money so far.Just 2 questions..how do you all find so much time to pour into each project?High divorce rates in the model world?
Thanks for the inspiration!!!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hey Shay
Nope, even I don't know how many produce the works they do... I wouldn't have time for eating, football, gals etc... Guess that the projects I'm working on will come to fruition one day!!! :-)
But yes, this is the place for learning the tips and tricks... Came here knowing nothing, but now since working with the ideas presented here, you learn to create your own ways for doing things and can go on to help others...
Brad
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

High divorce rates in the model world?

Naah we just spend the rest of our time making it up to the partner.

Welcome to Armorama by the way. Lots of good stuff in here im sure we will see you around quite a bit.
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 01:06 AM UTC
No more like spend too much time on this thing-
Welcome anyway
I need only 7hrs / per day and it is those times and when my wife watches her TV shows that I model-Lot nicer than wasting time on other things :-)
M1A2sep1CD
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 04:03 AM UTC
join the army to be a tanker, go to fort hood, and sit around all day after a year in iraq, then build away,,,,all day while your at work.....then come home and build away......i see my wife at dinner,and thats it

wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hi Shay

Welcome to the land of the big A. I think you are really going to enjoy the site. As to your question a couple of years ago I got the "double Ds" Diviorced and disabled. Moneys not the greatest, but you can't beat th hours. Saturday I was at my bench for five hours!!!! In all seriousness everybody needs time to relax, and regroup.

Have fun
Harry
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 08:24 AM UTC
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the comments!Time is just something that i just don't have enough of when it comes to model building.Trying to juggle work,wife and a one year old baby is hard.I hope in between working and making baby bottles to complete my dio(it's a big bugger).Hope to post what i have done so far shortly.Big shout out to all the guys from downunder..from a kiwi in Belgium! :-)
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 08:36 AM UTC
The best way to get those results is Practice, practice. practice...

Its not the number of builds but the time and care you put into the build and taking the time to learn as you go.. I only build 4-6 models a year so far in my free time but each one gets my best effort at the time and even I can see a steady improvement in my work..
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 09:09 AM UTC
The way I get so much into a project is to spread the time over a long period and have two or three things going at any one time. Each desk session when I sit and work is pretty short, but I get it intertwined into daily life pretty well. I will do some family stuff, then spend 10 - 15 minutes prepping for the next model step or paint, then go back to family stuff, then maybe work, then back to the model for 30 minutes, then back to whatever, then prep for the next thing on the next model.

Having multiple projects going at one time always leaves me with something I can do and fit in.
lordQ
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 530 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 09:45 AM UTC
Echt blij dat er nog een Belg op Armorama bijkomt. .
Très content de recontrer un autre Belge sur ce forum!

Time, just make time.
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hela,
Ik ben geen echte Belg!!In ben een echte kiwi van Nieuw Zeeland.Ik woon hier heel graag...lekker frieten,lekker biertjes!Groetjes aan alle Belgen op Armorama!
lordQ
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 530 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 05:48 AM UTC
merci!
Reconrsa007
Visit this Community
North-West, South Africa
entire network: 69 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 06:27 PM UTC
Time...seems to me that 30 minutes or 1 hour a day should not be that hard to reserve for moddeling, and a big plus factor is if you can get the other half on your side, my other have got the title of quality control inspector, need I say more...
 _GOTOTOP