TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Over There TV Series
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 04:39 PM UTC
Just wanting to find out if this tv series is any good for those of you who have watched it?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 04:49 PM UTC
I'm still watching it and I like it. Quite a few took exception as they felt it portrayed US soldiers in a bad light. The problem is, all the things portrayed are things that happen everywhere in any job, country and community. If you are looking for an Army show ALA Pvt Ryan or Band of Brothers skip it. This is a TV Drama about people with the background of them being soldiers in Iraq and how the impact of their situation affects them. As ex-military, I can pick apart some of the military actions I see, but I accept that this as it is a Steven Bochco Drama series (Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blues) and some things have to "modify" to have things work for the show.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 11:36 PM UTC
I've seen the first episode and I enjoyed it. Some good battle scenes with some background into the charactors lives before deployment to Iraq.

HastyP
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Are there any popular actors / actress in it or are they all new?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 08:34 PM UTC
Not being real good with present day actors / actresses, I would venture to say that they are all pretty much "new". No big name stars..this is an F/X show not an NBC, ABC, CBS where they try to pawn off junk by using some big named actor or actress (like Stacked with Pamela Anderson)
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 09:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not being real good with present day actors / actresses, I would venture to say that they are all pretty much "new". No big name stars..this is an F/X show not an NBC, ABC, CBS where they try to pawn off junk by using some big named actor or actress (like Stacked with Pamela Anderson)

I was hoping you would say that actually. With new actors / actresses, the focus would then be on the story not the pretty actresses.

Time to get that DVD Recorder and have it permanently scheduled to record all the episodes in the series then.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:09 AM UTC
This was discussed a couple times before. Most repo nse was quite negative for a variety of reasons. political, accuracy, writing. I found the story line to be very poor and have not wasted another minute onthe show. But I'd never try to deny anyone else the ability to see this.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This was discussed a couple times before. Most repo nse was quite negative for a variety of reasons. political, accuracy, writing. I found the story line to be very poor and have not wasted another minute onthe show. But I'd never try to deny anyone else the ability to see this.

Fair Enough.

Managed to catch the first episode on it and thought it was ok. The thing about telling a story is that its nearly impossible to be impartial while telling the story. You always have to come from a certain angle and leave it to the one listening to decide for themselves.

Storyline and political correctness aside, it certainly brought back memories of the army days.